Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC DC3217IYE macOS Mojave 10.14 (TV BOX)

h2a

Motherboard
DC3217IYE
CPU
i3-3217
Graphics
Intel Integrated
I really like the idea of having a "catalina/big sur-open core nuc". I will try a test installation with your config to get familiar with open core. Really awesome that we still can have fresh mac os on that machine. Thanks a lot!, appreciate your work :)
I actually have two of these nucs, one is still running Sierra. The Sierra one is still relatively snappy but I feel like my Big Sur one (and when it was on Catalina with Clover) is really laggy. Do you think that’s the OS upgrades slow it down noticeably?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Thanks for the simple guide, followed and works exactly as explained.

I also immediatley upgraded to Catalina through MacOS as you would natively. I removed my Unibest USB drive before doing this, i then left the Nuc alone and let it run through its normal install and reboot procedure. Process was as follows:

After clicking "Upgrade to Catalina" the process as follows which is all native:
1. Downloading upgrading
2. Upgrade setup runs, select boot drive and click next until it starts installing.
3. After about 20-25minutes it will then automatically reboot
4. Boots into Clover bootloader and it has automatically selected the "upgrade preboot" option
5. Installing for a futher 20minutes, then automatically reboots and back to the Clover bootloader where it automatically selects the prebooter again.
6. After a futher approx 15minutes it then boots to desktop, with Catalina installed.

The above process was undisturbed by me and i just let it run its course.

Everything is working as it should and was on Mojave.

Motherboard
DC3217IYE
CPU
i3-3217U
Graphics
Intel HD4000
@Withoutaface Hi there! I saw you're pretty well-versed with this NUC. I'm not particularly knowledgeable with this stuff but I tried my best using Dortania's OpenCore guide and searches and my system appears to be working well. If you happen to take a look through my EFI folder and see anything weird or not right I'd love the feedback :)

Hello h2a,
It took me some time to test your EFI folder and to get familiar with open core.
But finally I'm done. Your work was a jump start and I only made minor adaptions to your config.
Very appreciated and thanks again for your work!

- Added a SSDT-PM.aml that provides SpeedStep up to 1,8Ghz
(SpeedStep was working in your config but only up to 1,7)
- Switched to AppleIntelE1000e
- Added SMCProcessor and SMCSuperIO kexts for HWMonitorSMC2
- Removed unnecessary network kexts
- Finally updated OpenCore and kexts:

Code:
  NUC DC3217IYE - OpenCore 0.6.9
----------------------------------
Kexts
- VirtualSMC 1.2.3
- SMCProcessor 1.2.3
- SMCSuperIO 1.2.3
- Lilu 1.5.3
- AppleALC 1.6.0
- WhateverGreen 1.4.9
- AppleIntelE1000e 3.3.7

Drivers
- HfsPlusLegacy 95b7d4c

(I set SystemSerialNumber, SystemUUID, MLB to dummy values)

I tested Catalina with 10.15.5 and 10.15.7 and it's fine (SMBIOS macmini6,2)
Performance is still good in my opinion :)

Now I have to check if my wlan module still has a chance.

Regards

Attachments

• NUC-DC3217IYE-OC069.zip
    63.6 MB · Views: 55
Reactions: h2a