Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, with that in profile I have no problems.

You need to update your profile.
And any problem report must have problem reporting files attached as requested in post #1.
Please read post #1 carefully.

Small update For XCY i3 NUC.

1) Video sorted.
- The erratic HDMI behaviour fixed with RGB edid patch. Have not watched movies on it but I do not see problems
- Only thing required in BIOS is setting DVMT Pre-Allocated to 64M otherwise all OOB.
- IntelGraphicsFix.kext not required.
2) Network. Poked around with ioRegistry. Found pci10ec, 8168 entry, Googled that it is Realtek 8111/8168 card, installed Mieze kext. Works.

I still use config_install_nuc7.plist as config.plist.

Figuring out audio now. It appears to have Realtek ALC889 but I can't determine motherboard. After installing LILU and AppleALC kexts it shows up properly in IOREG editor but still no luck of getting actual sound.

Screenshot 2018-12-22 at 14.40.49.png

IntelGraphicsFix.kext not required.

No such kext. And post #1 guide does not use anything even close.

Network. Poked around with ioRegistry. Found pci10ec, 8168 entry, Googled that it is Realtek 8111/8168 card, installed Mieze kext. Works.

Installed automatically by post #1 procedures.

I still use config_install_nuc7.plist as config.plist.

Your profile seems to be inaccurate. Please fix.

And if you have an issue with following this guide for the listed/supported hardware in post #1, please attach problem reporting files as requested in post #1. No exceptions.

No such kext.
It is IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, are you picking up on spelling now?

Installed automatically by post #1 procedures.
How? With post install instructions? Is it possible to review what it does before running it?

Your profile seems to be inaccurate. Please fix.
What is inaccurate? It has all information your build tool lets put there. There is no name for this XCY motherboard. It is "Unknown" even if you look in bios. See screenshots above. Your profile tool does not let to put that in. Besides I have Asus Zotac 750Ti not 950 on my desktop hackintosh. But it is not possible to choose that with your profile tool. Only 950 is available.

Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 16.53.32.png

What is worse, your website has deleted my first and third builds. The entries are blank.

Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 16.55.44.png

Last edited:
New progress report.

I run post install scripts and what happened is that if I use the new (after-install) config.plist, the mouse and keyboard does not work.

If using old (install) config plist, I can log in and HDMI audio works (hurray!) but...

Network preferences say Ethernet Not Connected (Either the cable is not plugged in or the device at the other end is not responding). I checked, it is plugged in and even orange and green leds are blinking. Besides, I have another cable next to it, tried that, same thing.

Well, about the video. I have not been able to try video with the new config plist but currently it is that if I boot with VGA monitor, it boots well and if I connect HDMI on the fly, it also works very well, I get Geekbench OpenCL Performance score of 13745.

There is thing that I cannot enable 2048Mb of aperture size for video as it requires disabling csm which in turn requires video turned from legacy to UEFI, but it does not post if I enable that. There is option of do not load. If I enable that, I can boot with both monitors on, but I do not see anything on the screen before the second apple shows up with the progress bar. Which is kind of inconvenient because I can't get into bios without resetting cmos.

I suspect that I can't see anything on with this UEFI video mode because there is no UEFI bios there only standard blue and white old type BIOS.

Could you guess which of the actions in script made 1) network card to appear as if the cable was unplugged and what in new 2) config.plist makes mouse and keyboard stop working?

Without being able to undo the script doings (I deleted contents of L/E and created EFI partition from scratch), I reinstalled Mojave with only Fakesmc, AppleALC and Realtek8111 kexts.

Internet was not available during install but was at the end during finish. As the internet was there, it offered me to log in to my Apple ID and create password but the password did not work after the restart. It did let me to reset it with Apple ID but the reset password did not work either.

Reinstalling now again. I will try to create user account without logging into Apple ID.

To continue. Second reinstall successful. Network working again. Skipped the Apple ID part. HDMI audio not working. Have to figure out which part of the script fixed that. That is a shame that the guide hides this from reader.

Last edited:
It is IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

This guide does not use that kext.

, are you picking up on spelling now?

Yes, of course.
You should be careful with what you write to make sure it is accurate.

How? With post install instructions? Is it possible to review what it does before running it?

Yes/you can read the code for the scripts if you're curious about what they do.

What is inaccurate?

It indicates an HD4000/Ivy NUC. Not supported by this guide.

What is worse, your website has deleted my first and third builds. The entries are blank.

As per FAQ/guide, you should NOT be using build signatures.
Profile data should be entered in the three main profile fields (Motherboard/CPU/Graphics).
Refer to the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

New progress report.

Your profile is still not fixed.

Any problem report must include "problem reporting" files as per post #1. None attached.

As per FAQ/guide, you should NOT be using build signatures.
Thanks for letting me know. I am using this guide because my XCY NUC is i3 7100U. It is NUC per se but could be. Turns out is not. I had this discussion with Toleda. Now it is you turn to understand. You can find them if you search xcy nuc on aliexpress.

Only thing I found useful up to now from this guide is install config.plist, and thing in script which is responsible for HDMI audio in postinstall script. Have not isolated that yet. Can't apply all because it destroys ethernet beyond repair (apart from fresh install).

Any problem report must include "problem reporting" files as per post #1. None attached.
Is this sarcastic joke? I mentioned that I have no working internet after applying patches. How do I report that? The script involves live internet connection!

Thanks for letting me know. I am using this guide because my XCY NUC is i3 7100U. It is NUC per se but could be. Turns out is not. I had this discussion with Toleda. Now it is you turn to understand. You can find them if you search xcy nuc on aliexpress.

This guide is only for the Intel NUC models mentioned in post #1.

Is this sarcastic joke? I mentioned that I have no working internet after applying patches. How do I report that? The script involves live internet connection!

Since you do not have the hardware required for this guide, your posts are off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back