Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

First time it slept well (light flickering, able to turn on the monitor).

Second time (same session - did not turn off the computer after the first sleep) after 12 or more hours of inactivity it didn't sleep but monitor was turned off. I noticed how the light was still blue. I tried to open it by moving the mouse and pressing the keyboard. No result but I noticed that I got back those alert sounds when pressing ALT+CTRL+DEL. I wasn't able to see anything on the screen. Monitor was idling. So I had to shut it down by holding the power button for a couple of seconds.

After reboot, I see no EFI rescue partition and in Finder it warns me that EFI can’t be opened because the original item can’t be found.

Notice that I encountered this behaviour before but I didn’t end up with EFI being deleted.

Can you, please, explain this to me? Can I recover the EFI-recovery partition?

Thank you.

Attachments

• 40093132_282433279252451_798730051515318272_n.jpg
    40093132_282433279252451_798730051515318272_n.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 134
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 08.30.13.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 08.30.13.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 236
Hi all, mc Nuc works very fine. Only one problem, the internal Card Reader does not work.I think the manufacture ist Realtek and i already installed a kext Bit without success. Any Idea?

Thanks vor help.

Hi. Apologies if this has been answered before, but I am having an issue that when my monitor goes to sleep it will not turn back on. I am running OX X 10.13.6 on a NUC7i3BNH. I've tried pressing the spacebar or moving the mouse along with unplugging and plugging in the HDMI and it won't come on. The only way to get video back is to force a power off and power back on again.

I double checked the bios settings and they match the instructions per post #1.
So far the only work around for me is to completely disable turning off the display in energy saver settings.

Attached are the support files.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 116
  • RehabMan.zip
    49.9 KB · Views: 101
  • Mike’s iMac.ioreg.zip
    530.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Terminal Saved Output 2.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 116
i have also sole problem with sound. Analog works but the quality is bad, any idea someone?

Hi,

First time it slept well (light flickering, able to turn on the monitor).

Second time (same session - did not turn off the computer after the first sleep) after 12 or more hours of inactivity it didn't sleep but monitor was turned off. I noticed how the light was still blue. I tried to open it by moving the mouse and pressing the keyboard. No result but I noticed that I got back those alert sounds when pressing ALT+CTRL+DEL. I wasn't able to see anything on the screen. Monitor was idling. So I had to shut it down by holding the power button for a couple of seconds.

After reboot, I see no EFI rescue partition and in Finder it warns me that EFI can’t be opened because the original item can’t be found.

Notice that I encountered this behaviour before but I didn’t end up with EFI being deleted.

Can you, please, explain this to me? Can I recover the EFI-recovery partition?

Thank you.

Mounting EFI is covered in post #1. Please read it.

i have also sole problem with sound. Analog works but the quality is bad, any idea someone?

You will need to provide details.
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Hi. Apologies if this has been answered before, but I am having an issue that when my monitor goes to sleep it will not turn back on. I am running OX X 10.13.6 on a NUC7i3BNH. I've tried pressing the spacebar or moving the mouse along with unplugging and plugging in the HDMI and it won't come on. The only way to get video back is to force a power off and power back on again.

I double checked the bios settings and they match the instructions per post #1.
So far the only work around for me is to completely disable turning off the display in energy saver settings.

Attached are the support files.

I have a similar issue here, but the problem is intermittent and can be fixed by using the power button on the monitor...

Did you try turning the monitor off, then back on?

I think there may be a way to make it more reliable by trimming unused ports from the framebuffer, but have not had time to look into it.

Hello Rehab,

As always, an excellent job on your part. Thank you.

I know that this is a tutorial for the NUC, but I have tested it on the BRIX and it worked perfectly. Even the sleep. I have created the USB with HS 10.13.6.
The only problem here is the monitor that does not wake up, but I turn it off~on and it works (that is, I have this problem in other machines with windows, I think it's a problem with HDMI, I'm not sure, but it's not serious ).

But... (there is always a but):

1) The audio on the ALC255 does not work, the device does not appear, is there a way to fix it? By HDMI it works very well.
2) on the CLOVER screen and on the LOGIN screen, red dots appear blinking. (as when the monitor points fail), but these disappear after login. Is it possible that it is a configuration?

Just in case, I put the files created with gen_debug

Thanks

Attachments

• debug_27942.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back