Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same Nuc as you TheAlpa (7i5) but with the SMBIOS set to 18,1 and ig-platform-id to 0x59260002 I still need the Skylake spoof to get 4k60. Are you sure there wasn't some other secret sauce involved?

I have the same Nuc as you TheAlpa (7i5) but with the SMBIOS set to 18,1 and ig-platform-id to 0x59260002 I still need the Skylake spoof to get 4k60. Are you sure there wasn't some other secret sauce involved?

Attach "Problem Reporting" files so we can see what you're actually doing.

Same here, only 4k@60Hz using DP to HDMI cable and Skylake spoof. I would like to have full Kaby Lake support because is the only way to have HW acceleration decoding 10-bit HEVC files.

Same here, only 4k@60Hz using DP to HDMI cable and Skylake spoof. I would like to have full Kaby Lake support because is the only way to have HW acceleration decoding 10-bit HEVC files.

Attach "Problem Reporting" files so we can see what you're actually doing.

Problem reporting files attached

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 123
  • ioreg.zip
    587.9 KB · Views: 109
  • output.txt.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 95
  • rehabman.zip
    51.7 KB · Views: 97
Display is connected to a DP port? DP->DP?
Yes indeed: USB-c (DisplayPort) to hdmi 2.0 adapter [belkin] - works perfect with Skylake spoof but can only see 30hz on Kaby.

Yes indeed: USB-c (DisplayPort) to hdmi 2.0 adapter [belkin] - works perfect with Skylake spoof but can only see 30hz on Kaby.

@TheAlpa might be using DP->DP.

CoreDisplayFixup.kext + Lilu.kext is something you should try.

Last edited:
CoreDisplayFixup.kext + Lilu.kext is something you should try.

Will give that a shot and report back. Thanks!

EDIT: no luck - no change, still only 30hz without the spoof

Correct, I also don't have any DP (USB-C) -> HDMI 2.0 adapter available for testing.

Aha, interesting that that would make such a big difference. What make/model adapter are you using?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back