Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm booting no problem, but I am not getting any Ethernet on an NUCi3BNH. There's a Crucial SSD installed, nothing in the m.2 slot, and IntelMausiEthernet.kext is in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ (as is FakeSMC.kext). When I go to Networking in System Preferences it shows no services, and if I click "Create a new service" it kicks me out of the Pref Pane with an error, "Preferences Error: There was an error in Network preferences."

The request files are attached. Obviously I haven't been able to use the git command, since I am not currently online, as Ethernet is not working.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Requested Files.zip
    2 MB · Views: 127
I'm booting no problem, but I am not getting any Ethernet on an NUCi3BNH. There's a Crucial SSD installed, nothing in the m.2 slot, and IntelMausiEthernet.kext is in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ (as is FakeSMC.kext). When I go to Networking in System Preferences it shows no services, and if I click "Create a new service" it kicks me out of the Pref Pane with an error, "Preferences Error: There was an error in Network preferences."

The request files are attached. Obviously I haven't been able to use the git command, since I am not currently online, as Ethernet is not working.

Any ideas?

You have the wrong version of IntelMausiEthernet.kext.
Read guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

You also didn't use the suggested FakeSMC.kext either.
The required kexts are linked from my laptop guide, which is linked from post #1 (and linked above).

Must read carefully and follow the guide as written.

Sorry about that! I went back through the laptop installer guide and got the correct files working. Everything is working great now! The download.sh took a few tries (some files kept throwing errors), but I got it all working and the NUC is now doing its job.

Sorry about that! I went back through the laptop installer guide and got the correct files working. Everything is working great now! The download.sh took a few tries (some files kept throwing errors), but I got it all working and the NUC is now doing its job.

I have noticed that the 'curl' command is not very robust. It seems to like a very reliable internet connection.
There might be some flags I could throw on there for more resilient downloads or not (maybe --retry)

Well it all worked out. I think it was the third try that got all of the files (just as I was considering whether I should try to go through the website using a browser for the things that were missing).

My media server Mac mini is no officially retired at 10 years old, and I'm now ready and able to integrate HEVC files in my setup.

Thanks again!

Well it all worked out. I think it was the third try that got all of the files (just as I was considering whether I should try to go through the website using a browser for the things that were missing).

My media server Mac mini is no officially retired at 10 years old, and I'm now ready and able to integrate HEVC files in my setup.

Thanks again!

Since 'curl' seems to be problematic on your system, maybe you could test these changes:
Code:
SPEEDY-NUC:nuc.git rehabman$ git diff
diff --git a/download.sh b/download.sh
index 9c5dd97..cd7b82a 100755
--- a/download.sh
+++ b/download.sh
@@ -4,13 +4,14 @@ function download()
 {
     echo "downloading $2:"
     curl --location --silent --output /tmp/org.rehabman.download.txt https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/$1/downloads/
-    scrape=`grep -o -m 1 "/RehabMan/$1/downloads/$2.*\.zip" /tmp/org.rehabman.download.txt|perl -ne 'print $1 if /(.*)\"/'`
-    url=https://bitbucket.org$scrape
+    local scrape=`grep -o -m 1 "/RehabMan/$1/downloads/$2.*\.zip" /tmp/org.rehabman.download.txt|perl -ne 'print $1 if /(.*)\"/'`
+    local url=https://bitbucket.org$scrape
     echo $url
+    local curl_options="--retry 5 --progress-bar"
     if [ "$3" == "" ]; then
-        curl --remote-name --progress-bar --location "$url"
+        curl $curl_options --remote-name --location "$url"
     else
-        curl --output "$3" --progress-bar --location "$url"
+        curl $curl_options --output "$3" --location "$url"
     fi
     echo
 }

(the only real change is to add "--retry 5" to the curl command line)

I just got a NUC7i5BNK and 10bit (30-bit) 4K 60Hz works just fine over DisplayPort.

My SMBIOS is iMac 18,1 and I set ig-platform-id to 0x59260002. Using 0x59120000 I could not select any scaling resolutions higher than 1080p and using 0x59260000 my screen would go black after loading (when using DisplayPort, HDMI although limited to 30Hz was fine).

I just got a NUC7i5BNK and 10bit (30-bit) 4K 60Hz works just fine over DisplayPort.

My SMBIOS is iMac 18,1 and I set ig-platform-id to 0x59260002. Using 0x59120000 I could not select any scaling resolutions higher than 1080p and using 0x59260000 my screen would go black after loading (when using DisplayPort, HDMI although limited to 30Hz was fine).

It is not clear which IGPU device-id you have (assuming it might be 0x5926).
Please attach "Problem Reporting" files as per post #1.

I can certainly change ig-platform-id used for 0x5926 to 0x59260002, if that is what you're proposing (it would be consistent with what we did for 0x1926).

It is not clear which IGPU device-id you have (assuming it might be 0x5926).

Correct, my NUC7i5 has the Iris Plus 640 (0x5926).

I can certainly change ig-platform-id used for 0x5926 to 0x59260002, if that is what you're proposing (it would be consistent with what we did for 0x1926).

That's up to you ;)

Correct, my NUC7i5 has the Iris Plus 640 (0x5926).

That's up to you ;)

Thanks.... I'll test it with my NUC7 (it has 0x5927).

For hardware I don't have (HD640/4k), the ig-platform-id I put in initially is just a a guess and one that works with my hardware (non-4k, HD650). But if there are values that work with other hardware as well as mine, then I don't mind just changing the code in SSDT-IGPU.dsl to use the values suggested by those responding here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back