Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Motherboard
HP ProDesk 600 G5 mini | Dell XPS 15" 7590
CPU
i5 9500T | i7 9750H
Graphics
UHD 630 | UHD 630
You would need to install the FakeSMC sensor kexts. They are not installed by default. You will find them already downloaded (matching FakeSMC.kext) in your ~/Projects/nuc.git/downloads/kexts folder. Install to /Library/Extensions (kext installation instructions in laptop FAQ).
Working, thank you!

Motherboard
HP ProDesk 600 G5 mini | Dell XPS 15" 7590
CPU
i5 9500T | i7 9750H
Graphics
UHD 630 | UHD 630
Great.

May not even need that... unless the update wipes out the changes install_downloads.sh makes to AppleHDA Resources.

Note: Please fix your profile so it contains your hardware details.
Hi RehabMan, bad news. After updating, my 4K monitor attached to the NUC has a really horrible pink/purple tone :(. It was working correctly in high Sierra. Maybe a graphics issue?
EDIT: Changed HDMI port to the non “Protected UHD” labeled one that I was using and it’s working!

Attachments

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi RehabMan, bad news. After updating, my 4K monitor attached to the NUC has a really horrible pink/purple tone :(. It was working correctly in high Sierra. Maybe a graphics issue?
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Motherboard
Intel NUC mini PC kit NUC7i5BNH Core i5
CPU
Intel Core i5-7260U
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
Hi, RehabMan, Good Morning. Can i upgrade my system to MacOS Mojave by downloading it from AppStore, without any problems? Do I need to take any prior steps before to have a smooth running? Please suggest.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, RehabMan, Good Morning. Can i upgrade my system to MacOS Mojave by downloading it from AppStore, without any problems? Do I need to take any prior steps before to have a smooth running? Please suggest.
Steps for major updates are in post #1.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
FYI: Guide moved to Mojave Desktop Guides

Motherboard
NUC7i5BNK
Hi, Rehabman. I have a NUC7i5BNK Hackintosh, used this guide. Works well, but does not recognize a UNI usb-c to ethernet adapter. Adapter works great with MacBook Pro. This is the only usb-c device I have, so I don't know if the port is working at all.

Using the hackintosh in application where I need 2 ethernet ports.

Any advice is appreciated. Debug files attached. Thanks.

Edit: This is a High Sierra build

Edit2: I think I got it going. Per @sparc1234 on page 4, I enabled Thunderbolt Boot.

Attachments

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, Rehabman. I have a NUC7i5BNK Hackintosh, used this guide. Works well, but does not recognize a UNI usb-c to ethernet adapter. Adapter works great with MacBook Pro. This is the only usb-c device I have, so I don't know if the port is working at all.

Using the hackintosh in application where I need 2 ethernet ports.

Any advice is appreciated. Debug files attached. Thanks.

Edit: This is a High Sierra build

Edit2: I think I got it going. Per @sparc1234 on page 4, I enabled Thunderbolt Boot.
Make sure you plug the device in prior to boot. TB3 does not hotplug well.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming Wifi
CPU
i9-9900K @ OC 5.1GHz
Graphics
2 x GTX 1080ti
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Sorry RehabMan,

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Higgins12,

I've been following this forum for a few weeks now, and recently signed up. I purchased an i9-9900K shortly after and have been gathering information for my build, which I'll mention elsewhere...

I believe, from what I've been reading (from every corner of the Internet) is that you have successfully fixed all of your remaining issues/action items for a complete and working build using a new z390 board that is actually a regular sized ATX form factor. I have a hard requirement of needing more than a single x16 so that I can get in more than one card for my Linux and BSD tri-booting. I literally couldn't pull the trigger on a motherboard until I read that someone actually fixed all of the issues they are having with a new board. The board you chose also has everything one should need:

1xDP, 1xHDMI, BT5, TB, Wifi, and even 10gigE!

Can you please create an official user build, following:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/read-me-first-required-tonymacx86-user-builds-template.25660/

All of my parts should be arriving over the weekend and early next week. I just pulled the trigger on the
Asrock Taichi Ultimate z390 after reading this post, which was the last piece I was missing... I'm super excited!

Cheers!
Off-topic.
Please take this discussion elsewhere.

This thread is only for the NUC models mentioned in the guide linked by post #1.