Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Motherboard
NUC8i7BNH
CPU
i7 8559U
Graphics
UHD 655
Mac
MacBook Pro
You would need to install the FakeSMC sensor kexts. They are not installed by default. You will find them already downloaded (matching FakeSMC.kext) in your ~/Projects/nuc.git/downloads/kexts folder. Install to /Library/Extensions (kext installation instructions in laptop FAQ).
Working, thank you!

Motherboard
NUC8i7BNH
CPU
i7 8559U
Graphics
UHD 655
Mac
MacBook Pro
Great.

May not even need that... unless the update wipes out the changes install_downloads.sh makes to AppleHDA Resources.

Note: Please fix your profile so it contains your hardware details.
Hi RehabMan, bad news. After updating, my 4K monitor attached to the NUC has a really horrible pink/purple tone :(. It was working correctly in high Sierra. Maybe a graphics issue?
EDIT: Changed HDMI port to the non “Protected UHD” labeled one that I was using and it’s working!

Attachments

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi RehabMan, bad news. After updating, my 4K monitor attached to the NUC has a really horrible pink/purple tone :(. It was working correctly in high Sierra. Maybe a graphics issue?
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Motherboard
Intel NUC mini PC kit NUC7i5BNH Core i5
CPU
Intel Core i5-7260U
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
Hi, RehabMan, Good Morning. Can i upgrade my system to MacOS Mojave by downloading it from AppStore, without any problems? Do I need to take any prior steps before to have a smooth running? Please suggest.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, RehabMan, Good Morning. Can i upgrade my system to MacOS Mojave by downloading it from AppStore, without any problems? Do I need to take any prior steps before to have a smooth running? Please suggest.
Steps for major updates are in post #1.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
FYI: Guide moved to Mojave Desktop Guides

Motherboard
NUC7i5BNK
Hi, Rehabman. I have a NUC7i5BNK Hackintosh, used this guide. Works well, but does not recognize a UNI usb-c to ethernet adapter. Adapter works great with MacBook Pro. This is the only usb-c device I have, so I don't know if the port is working at all.

Using the hackintosh in application where I need 2 ethernet ports.

Any advice is appreciated. Debug files attached. Thanks.

Edit: This is a High Sierra build

Edit2: I think I got it going. Per @sparc1234 on page 4, I enabled Thunderbolt Boot.

Attachments

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, Rehabman. I have a NUC7i5BNK Hackintosh, used this guide. Works well, but does not recognize a UNI usb-c to ethernet adapter. Adapter works great with MacBook Pro. This is the only usb-c device I have, so I don't know if the port is working at all.

Using the hackintosh in application where I need 2 ethernet ports.

Any advice is appreciated. Debug files attached. Thanks.

Edit: This is a High Sierra build

Edit2: I think I got it going. Per @sparc1234 on page 4, I enabled Thunderbolt Boot.
Make sure you plug the device in prior to boot. TB3 does not hotplug well.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming Wifi
CPU
i9-9900K @ OC 5.1GHz
Graphics
2 x GTX 1080ti
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Sorry RehabMan,

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Higgins12,

I've been following this forum for a few weeks now, and recently signed up. I purchased an i9-9900K shortly after and have been gathering information for my build, which I'll mention elsewhere...

I believe, from what I've been reading (from every corner of the Internet) is that you have successfully fixed all of your remaining issues/action items for a complete and working build using a new z390 board that is actually a regular sized ATX form factor. I have a hard requirement of needing more than a single x16 so that I can get in more than one card for my Linux and BSD tri-booting. I literally couldn't pull the trigger on a motherboard until I read that someone actually fixed all of the issues they are having with a new board. The board you chose also has everything one should need:

1xDP, 1xHDMI, BT5, TB, Wifi, and even 10gigE!

Can you please create an official user build, following:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/read-me-first-required-tonymacx86-user-builds-template.25660/

All of my parts should be arriving over the weekend and early next week. I just pulled the trigger on the
Asrock Taichi Ultimate z390 after reading this post, which was the last piece I was missing... I'm super excited!

Cheers!
Off-topic.
Please take this discussion elsewhere.

This thread is only for the NUC models mentioned in the guide linked by post #1.