Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about my NVMe SSD, anything special i have to do for that to get it working?

It can depend on what specific NVMe SSD you have, but the support is better in 10.13 than it was previously.
For NVMe and 10.13, you should definitely plan to install on HFS+J instead of APFS.

Can anyone point me in the right direction:

I implemented the Skylake spoof to get 4k60 working (which it did)... but now the system is randomly crashing (which it never did previously)... how can I remove the spoof and get back to Kaby Lake?

Is it simply a case of removing SSDT-SkylakeSpoof.aml and changing the ig-platform-id?

Last edited:
It can depend on what specific NVMe SSD you have, but the support is better in 10.13 than it was previously.
For NVMe and 10.13, you should definitely plan to install on HFS+J instead of APFS.

Thanks RehabMan, so no need to use class code spoof detailed here? Just install as normal?

It may be possible to switch out my Corsair MP500 SSD with a Samsung Evo 850 (my brother is about to buy a NUC so I can swap my SSD with him). Can you tell me the pro and cons of each? I believe the MP500 is much faster but potentially some compatibility issues with APFS (hence you suggested keeping it on HFS+). Would i really notice the difference between the two anyway?

Thanks RehabMan, so no need to use class code spoof detailed here? Just install as normal?

Correct. You will know right away if your drive is detected in Disk Utility.

It may be possible to switch out my Corsair MP500 SSD with a Samsung Evo 850 (my brother is about to buy a NUC so I can swap my SSD with him). Can you tell me the pro and cons of each? I believe the MP500 is much faster but potentially some compatibility issues with APFS (hence you suggested keeping it on HFS+). Would i really notice the difference between the two anyway?

No experience with the Corsair.

At what point do i use the 'startosinstall' option? Once i boot into the installer?

If I use AptioFixDrv I get the allocation error.
IMG_0007.JPG

If I use AptioFix2Drv this happens i get a different error.
IMG_0008.JPG

Where do i go from there? I've tried booting with with -x -v nv_disavble=1 with no success.

Last edited:
At what point do i use the 'startosinstall' option? Once i boot into the installer?

startosinstall is run from Terminal after the installer starts.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-high-sierra-update-or-fresh-install.232855/

If I use AptioFixDrv I get the allocation error.
View attachment 285595

If I use AptioFix2Drv this happens i get a different error.
View attachment 285604

Where do i go from there? I've tried booting with with -x -v nv_disavble=1 with no success.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Ok, clover files attached.

Thanks for the help, i've been stuck on this for so long!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Ok, clover files attached.

Thanks for the help, i've been stuck on this for so long!

Your config.plist is corrupt.
You downloaded it incorrectly (you config.plist is HTML, not plist)
Make sure you read the guide carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back