Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My NUC7I5 has HD640 so I thought in my unknowingness that lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext are not needed. Everything worked so far w/o these two kexts. You can see my setup in Problem Reporting ZIP attached.

Where do I find instructions if a non-mayor-update like 10.3.2 shows up? I saw your instructions in the guide for mayor updates only.

The guide will install Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext automatically.
They are needed to fix other problems...

System update instructions are in post #1.

Are you suggesting that 10.13.2 is safe to update. I tried it with the App Store and the update was unsuccessful the first time. I read up on the 10.13.2 about people bricking their system trying to update. I am holding off for now till I have more people reporting success.

Are you suggesting that 10.13.2 is safe to update. I tried it with the App Store and the update was unsuccessful the first time. I read up on the 10.13.2 about people bricking their system trying to update. I am holding off for now till I have more people reporting success.

If you follow the instructions in post #1, the update should work no problem.

I managed to update to 10.13.2 but lost audio, and in an attempt to fix it I tried to do the ”boot without caches” thing suggested in post #1. Holding down ”space” in Clover I didn't see any option to disable caches, so just for the sake of it I tried to do ”Safe Boot” instead and did the clear caches command in the Terminal:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Then tried to startup normally (without Safe Boot).
But now I get stuck here during boot:
stuck.JPG

Any ideas? :confused:

I managed to update to 10.13.2 but lost audio, and in an attempt to fix it I tried to do the ”boot without caches” thing suggested in post #1. Holding down ”space” in Clover I didn't see any option to disable caches, so just for the sake of it I tried to do ”Safe Boot” instead and did the clear caches command in the Terminal:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Then tried to startup normally (without Safe Boot).
But now I get stuck here during boot:
View attachment 298875

Any ideas? :confused:

Boot without caches is available if you use the recommended version of Clover (my version).
It is linked from the laptop guide (which is linked from post #1):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

"Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing or not loading.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

From time to time I recognised that the BT connection to mouse (Apple Magic Mouse 1) and keyboard (Apple Wireless Keyboard) gets lost and the movement/scrolling up and down in web brwoser of the BT mouse is not smooth any more. That behavior happens after a while of usage (hours). I tried two different USB-dongles (Targus ACB75EU Adapter and GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter, found on Buyers Guide) but both show the same behavior

BT & WLAN are disabled in BIOS (v.54).

USBInjectAll.kext may be helpful for reaching the installer (and in post-install... see FAQ)
USBInjectAll.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All

I didn't add USBInjectAll.kext during installation. Do I need this kext or something else for NUC7I5? Should I use Kext Wizard app for post install? I wanted to ask before I create a mess.

Last edited:
From time to time I recognised that the BT connection to mouse (Apple Magic Mouse 1) and keyboard (Apple Wireless Keyboard) gets lost and the movement/scrolling up and down in web brwoser of the BT mouse is not smooth any more. That behavior happens after a while of usage (hours). I tried two different USB-dongles (Targus ACB75EU Adapter and GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter, found on Buyers Guide) but both show the same behavior

BT & WLAN are disabled in BIOS (v.54).

You attached no problem reporting files (read post #1).

I didn't add USBInjectAll.kext during installation. Do I need this kext or something else for NUC7I5? Should I use Kext Wizard app for post install? I wanted to ask before I create a mess.

The kext is installed already by download.sh & install_downloads.sh.

Boot without caches is available if you use the recommended version of Clover (my version).
It is linked from the laptop guide (which is linked from post #1):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

"Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing or not loading.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thanks! I have now installed your version of Clover (by connecting the drive to my real Mac) and I can see the ”boot without caches” option. I still can't seem to boot, though. Get stuck at the same place. I was thinking about doing the problem reporting, but since I didn't really do anything (did I?) – just cleared caches – I thought maybe there's a quick and easy fix.

Anyway, since I can't seem to boot I guess I have to go with the ”bare minimum” problem report. Here comes my compressed ”CLOVER” folder and a screenshot where things stop at verbose mode. Thanks in advance for any help! And I again ask for a place to put a donation for your efforts. :)

I have the NUC7i5BNH.

Attachments

• stuck_during_boot.JPG
    stuck_during_boot.JPG
    612.9 KB · Views: 114
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Thanks! I have now installed your version of Clover (by connecting the drive to my real Mac) and I can see the ”boot without caches” option. I still can't seem to boot, though. Get stuck at the same place. I was thinking about doing the problem reporting, but since I didn't really do anything (did I?) – just cleared caches – I thought maybe there's a quick and easy fix.

Anyway, since I can't seem to boot I guess I have to go with the ”bare minimum” problem report. Here comes my compressed ”CLOVER” folder and a screenshot where things stop at verbose mode. Thanks in advance for any help! And I again ask for a place to put a donation for your efforts. :)

I have the NUC7i5BNH.

Your FakeSMC.kext is not up-to-date (in Clover/kexts/Other).
And you forgot to press F2 and F4 before collecting EFI/Clover.

You should try booting from your USB EFI/Clover.

Your FakeSMC.kext is not up-to-date (in Clover/kexts/Other).
And you forgot to press F2 and F4 before collecting EFI/Clover.

You should try booting from your USB EFI/Clover.

Okay, I though FakeSMC.kext would get updated when I did the update to the latest repository. Anyway, I have now put the latest version of FakeSMC.kext found here in Clover/kexts/Other.

I have also pressed F2 and F4 at main Clover screen (sorry for omitting that before). New CLOVER.zip attached.

I don't have a USB EFI/Clover since I initially installed macOS using a real Mac (no USB stick involved). But if needed I will of course try and create one…

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back