Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried TeamViewer, Chrome Remote Desktop and VNC, but no joy with any of those.

Have bought a USB wifi dongle* and have plugged it directly into the monitor … I can live with that.

* Edit: The dongle I bought, an Asus USB-N10, works fine

Last edited:
sleep works for somebody?

Yes.
If you have an issue, attach "Problem Reporting" files as per guide, along with details on your problem.
Don't forget to fill out your profile as requested in the guide.

RehabMan big thanks for you reply.
did not correctly ask the question
I want to buy nuc7i5bnh,Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
but I'm afraid that sleep will not work.
there is no such model in the topic
I will connect hdmi-dvi.
Is there no reason to experience? A sleep worked?

Last edited:
RehabMan big thanks for you reply.
did not correctly ask the question
I want to buy nuc7i5bnh,Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
but I'm afraid that sleep will not work.
there is no such model in the topic
I will connect hdmi-dvi.
Is there no reason to experience? A sleep worked?

I have the NUC7i7BNH. Sleep works very reliably (have tested both with HDMI->DP and USB-C->DP).

I have the 7i3BNH. thanks, RehabMan--the guide is perfect.
I'm currently using the HDMI port for video and audio, but I want to buy a usb-c to HDMI cable and then upgrade to a 4K TV. such cables I've looked at say that DisplayPort Alternate Mode is required for 4K60. I can't learn anything from intel's spec sheet about "alternate mode". the i3 doesn't have thunderbolt.
any advice?
thanks

Hi,

Everything went so smooth for months until today. Now I am unable to boot. The Apple loading screen appears, it loads and then the Nuc shuts down. I remember that before turning off the computer I checked the box where it says to open the windows at the next boot and save the stuff. Now I am unable to boot.
Also I updated it 2 or 3 weeks ago exactly as it was stated in the guide. Absolutely no problem until now (tens of reboots and boots in these 2-3 weeks).
I am on Sierra.

Attachments

• x3VDhD3.jpg
    x3VDhD3.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 225
  • D5993D74-FAF1-49CB-8411-697FF2A0CE55.jpeg
    D5993D74-FAF1-49CB-8411-697FF2A0CE55.jpeg
    8.7 MB · Views: 214
  • rp0wcnt.jpg
    rp0wcnt.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Hi,

Everything went so smooth for months until today. Now I am unable to boot. The Apple loading screen appears, it loads and then the Nuc shuts down. I remember that before turning off the computer I checked the box where it says to open the windows at the next boot and save the stuff. Now I am unable to boot.
Also I updated it 2 or 3 weeks ago exactly as it was stated in the guide. Absolutely no problem until now (tens of reboots and boots in these 2-3 weeks).
I am on Sierra.

Looks like your system volume is corrupt/damaged.
You can try to repair it from Disk Utility (boot the installer from USB), or maybe from Recovery.
If it can't be repaired, restore from backup or fresh install.

Note: The most common cause of file system corruption comes from using software on Windows (Paragon/etc) to access Mac volumes. Make sure you're not using that software.

Looks like your system volume is corrupt/damaged.
You can try to repair it from Disk Utility (boot the installer from USB), or maybe from Recovery.
If it can't be repaired, restore from backup or fresh install.

Note: The most common cause of file system corruption comes from using software on Windows (Paragon/etc) to access Mac volumes. Make sure you're not using that software.

I have never tried this. I only have Mac installed on it. The problem I have now is that in Disk Utility (boot from USB) it freezes, it remains as it is shown in the screeshot for hours. So most probably I need a fresh install.

2 quick questions:

1) Could it be because of a cracked program I installed?
2) Will I be able to preserve my /home partition in the envent of a freash install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back