Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally !!!!! It worked disabling hda-gfx and applying pre-patch_hda.sh :)

Very interesting for KBL support on 10.12.6... I'll see how it goes with my actual configuration and think later about it ;)

Thank you so much for your precious time :)

(I now understand really better how all that is working)

Now you should be able to enable "hda-gfx" since HDA is now patched and everything in kernel cache.

Please note:

The github project and instructions in post #1 have been updated for native Kaby Lake support in 10.12.6.
As of now, only 10.12.6 (and presumably newer) are supported by this guide.

Sorry to be a pain, do you have a shortend version, how to change 10.12.6 non native to native 10.12.6?

Last edited:
Sorry to be a pain, do you have a shortend version, how to change 10.12.6 non native to native 10.12.6?

Follow all post-install instructions as per post #1.

Thanks very much :)

Seems stable here so far. My hardware is a bit different than yours (mine is HD650, yours HD640).

I haven't tested multi-monitor/hotplug/etc. I expect they are still broken like Skylake.
But sleep/wake working on both USB-C->DP and HDMI (I'm using an active HDMI->DP adapter, as my monitor is DP only).

Seems stable here so far. My hardware is a bit different than yours (mine is HD650, yours HD640).

I haven't tested multi-monitor/hotplug/etc. I expect they are still broken like Skylake.
But sleep/wake working on both USB-C->DP and HDMI (I'm using an active HDMI->DP adapter, as my monitor is DP only).
Mines working ok too, havent tried sleep, but hdmi-hdmi works fine on 1, 1080p Dell monitor. not sure if thunderbolt works or not, havent tested it.

Mines working ok too, havent tried sleep, but hdmi-hdmi works fine on 1, 1080p Dell monitor. not sure if thunderbolt works or not, havent tested it.

Thunderbolt is as expected. Works if you plug the device in prior to boot.

Would be interested in knowing if your sleep works with HDMI->HDMI as others have gotten it to work but not me ;)

Did you try using a DisplayPort cable? (your monitor has a DP connector).
I think DP is more stable than HDMI for Skylake/KabyLake graphics.

Finally got my USB-C/Thunderbolt to Displayport cable in the mail. Works like a charm now!! :)

Powering off the monitor before sleeping, or waking before powering on the monitor can cause issues as expected, as you already mentioned earlier. Pulling out USB->lightning cables while sleeping also causes the same issues. None of these are a problem though. So happy this is working - thanks for your guide!

BTW, are any of the CPU or GPU sensors supposed to work? The other thread said that the CPU one doesn't work on Kaby Lake, but the information is old and some people seemed to have gotten it working. If I put the FakeSMC_*Sensors.kext into the /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ directory, or under FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins - nothing changes after reboot.

I also tried installing those extensions with KextWizard and the machine wouldn't boot. Are any of the sensors supported currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back