Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had used it successfully, you would have SSDT-NUC7.aml in ACPI/patched.

Nailed it. That was _exactly_ what was wrong. I think I ran that step, ran into another problem that led to me wiping and trying again, and then failed to repeat that step the second time.

In any event, I now have headphone audio. Thanks! Well done.

Thanks very much RehabMan, even i managed it on 2nd attempt. Only had small problems with terminal commands, clover configurator helped for the last little bit. :)

Thanks very much RehabMan, even i managed it on 2nd attempt. Only had small problems with terminal commands, clover configurator helped for the last little bit. :)

OK.

Not to nag, but is there a lot that needs to be done to switch over to the native graphics drivers for the Intel GPU (since MacOS 10.12.6)?

I was thinking about:

:)
Since I don't know where to start. :confused:

Eventually...

If you search the forums you will find some info on it. Simply a different ig-platform-id to inject, potentially different framebuffer patches, lack of FakeCPUID, and lack of device-id injection.

My NUC7 is currently without RAM and SSD because I'm using the components elsewhere. So, I will have to move some things around temporarily just to get it running again. That likely means bringing down my main system, which I just can't do right now.

Eventually...

If you search the forums you will find some info on it. Simply a different ig-platform-id to inject, potentially different framebuffer patches, lack of FakeCPUID, and lack of device-id injection.

My NUC7 is currently without RAM and SSD because I'm using the components elsewhere. So, I will have to move some things around temporarily just to get it running again. That likely means bringing down my main system, which I just can't do right now.

Alright, thanks! I think I'll hang in there for your changes to the repository. I have kids that eats more or less all my time right now… :crazy:

Thanks for the all the amazing work and clear instructions! This was my first ever Hackintosh so it was pretty exciting to get my NUC7I3BNK working with almost everything except for sleep/wake.

I *think* sleep was partially working initially but somewhere along the line it broke. At one point I messed up my kernel extensions and redid the entire process (BIOS reset, reinstalled CLOVER + OS X Sierra, etc) but the problem persists.

Equipment
- Intel NUC7I3BNK with 2x8 Crucial Memory
- mSATA Samsung EVO 250 SSD
- HDMI->HDMI to Dell 2408WFP (OP uses USB-C, maybe HDMI signaling is causing issues?)

Symptoms
- If I sleep the machine, blue led turns off and power button turns orange. Once I wake it blue LED comes back, but monitor never turns back on. Machine appears to be awake.
- If I manually turn off the monitor, or if the NUC turns off the monitor to save energy, I cannot get the NUC to ever send a video signal back to the monitor.

What I've tried
I've tried a few different BIOS settings but it didn't make a difference. Before I reinstalled everything from scratch, I reset the BIOS back to defaults and #1 post settings. I've looked at pmset -g and hibernatemode = 0. I've also tried playing around with the Energy Savings Control Panel.

I load EmuVariableUefi-64.efi because MLB/ROM variables wouldn't work otherwise. I needed this to get iMessages working. Other than that, I don't think I've strayed much from the instructions. I edited config.plist for both SMBIOS and RTVariables. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    51.2 KB · Views: 91
  • NUC7I3BNKioreg.zip
    596.5 KB · Views: 95
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 114
  • kextout.zip
    1,000 bytes · Views: 101
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back