Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, RehabMan~
With your guidance, I have made a progress to install the latest Mac os Sierra 10.12.5, despite some of problems:
1. As I have SSD(NVMe), boot via Clover which has win10 and an earilier broken version of Mac 10.12.4. After copy the SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml to /clover/ACPI/patched/ and HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_5.kext to /kexts/Other and config.plist(which was renamed by your config_install_nuc7.plist I suppose the Disk Utility can recognize the earlier macOS partition in the SSD. However, it failed to do it no matter whether I do the special injection or not.

that is add the following lines to SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml.
"compatible", Buffer() { "pci144d,a801" },
"IOName", "pci144d,a801",
"name", Buffer() { "pci144d,a801" },
But luckily, I can see the HDD disk in the Disk Utility, so I erased it and installed Sierra on HDD.

NVMe has nothing to do with HDDs.
It is only for NVMe SSDs.
You installed to an external HDD connected via USB?

As far as NVMe and HackrNVMeFamily... sounds like you forgot to add the _DSM->XDSM patch. I should probably add it to config_install_nuc7.plist to reduce the chance of not having it (for those that don't read the NVMe guide carefully).

2. After finished the PHASE2
When I chose the network to connect (Using DHCP) and connect, the mac just broke down and I can't arrive at the os X desktop.
So I uncheck this option and process without network. It just worked.

No idea which "option" you're referring to.

3. Then I tried to the Post Installation to fix the drivers.
By using a USB to ethernet hub, I could have access to the Internet.
I cloned your git repository and downloaded all the fixing tools and makefile
Then error happened:
iasl -vw 2095 -vw 2008 -p build/SSDT-NUC5.aml SSDT-NUC5.dsl\
make: iasl: No such file or directory\
make: *** [build/SSDT-NUC5.aml] Error 1\
}
So I can;t process anymore. Could it be possible that I missed to add some .aml files to your repository?
SOS~~~~

You forgot to run ./install_downloads.sh prior to attempting make.

Last edited:
NVMe has nothing to do with HDDs.
It is only for NVMe SSDs.
You installed to an external HDD connected via USB?

I have another Seagate HDD and installed to my NUC7. ( Not via USB. )
I formated the initial SSD in gpt. Then I installed Win10 on it, leaving out a 90G volume(NTFS) for the macOS.
Then I add the _DSM->XDSM patch lines to config.plist.
Still, I can't find the SSD anyway in the Disk Utility.

Maybe, I should try to install MacOS first?

Last edited:
I have another Seagate HDD and installed to my NUC7. ( Not via USB. )
I formated the initial SSD in gpt. Then I installed Win10 on it, leaving out a 90G volume(NTFS) for the macOS.
Then I add the _DSM->XDSM patch lines to config.plist.
Still, I can't find the SSD anyway in the Disk Utility.

Maybe, I should try to install MacOS first?

See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

Please note post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Hi RehabMan,glad to see your great guidance.

I suppose that BRIX7 is quite similar to NUC7,but I can't find any solution to the audio:HDMI audio doesn't work,sound card ALC255 dosen't play well(sometimes no human voice even with codec-commander)

PS: Can sleep,but can't wake up...

Could you give me some advice?Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi RehabMan,glad to see your great guidance.

I suppose that BRIX7 is quite similar to NUC7,but I can't find any solution to the audio:HDMI audio doesn't work,sound card ALC255 dosen't play well(sometimes no human voice even with codec-commander)

PS: Can sleep,but can't wake up...

Could you give me some advice?Thanks in advance.

You need to open a separate thread. This topic is for NUC7 only.

Wait, Does thunderbolt work on this? Looking to use a UA Apollo via thunderbolt.

Wait, Does thunderbolt work on this? Looking to use a UA Apollo via thunderbolt.

I have tested the USB-C/Thunderbolt port only in limited scenarios:
- USB-C to USB3 adapter plugged to USB3 device prior to boot
- USB-C to DP adapter plugged into my Dell U3011 monitor prior to boot

Hotplug has issues, and Thunderbolt doesn't even activate if you don't have anything plugged in.

"- accelerated graphics for HD650 including OpenCL"

Is the Metal API fully supported with this configuration?

"- accelerated graphics for HD650 including OpenCL"

Is the Metal API fully supported with this configuration?

No idea. Not tested.

Not tested/not working

The following features have issues, or have not been tested:
- internal USB headers

In theory, this unit has two internal USB headers. I did not test them, and as a result, the custom USB configuration in SSDT-USB.dsl does not have them enabled. If you enable them and discover the port numbers, please contribute and I will add the ports to the SSDT. You can boot with -uia_ignore_rmcf to cause USBInjectAll.kext to disregard the custom configuration data in the SSDT (which enables all ports).

I am still working on the set-up, but have the internal USB headers working on linux and windows. I'll dump the cpu-z here in case that can get you the port numbers in a format you're looking for. I am brand new to this. If unhelpful, I can get them when I get the rig up in osx.

Attachments

• DESKTOP-OVLTC42.txt
    61.1 KB · Views: 309
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back