Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan

thanks for your efforts for documentation the installation. It is very appreciated. I'm waiting for my NUC7i7BNH to arrive and test your installation method to replace my outdated Mac mini that doesn't receive the love from Apple it deserves.

You mentioned in this thread that you tried the beta of High Sierra? Are there any additional steps to the guide?

You probably should read about High Sierra to understand the additional changes.
I will be doing updates to the guide/repo by the time HS is released.
Those that want to get a jump start on it with the beta should be prepared to understand what has changed in Sierra->High Sierra and make the appropriate adjustments.

Hi RehabMan,

The new version of Clover Configurator has updated models to include 3 Kaby Lake iMacs, 18,1-3. Are any of these appropriate for our NUCs? I tried the 18,1 version but clover complains about HW compatibility for the 7i5 (presumably the 630 graphics, but I'm not sure).

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi RehabMan,

The new version of Clover Configurator has updated models to include 3 Kaby Lake iMacs, 18,1-3. Are any of these appropriate for our NUCs? I tried the 18,1 version but clover complains about HW compatibility for the 7i5 (presumably the 630 graphics, but I'm not sure).

Thanks

Clover will not complain... but macOS will.
KabyLake SMBIOS would require 10.12.5 with the KabyLake update or 10.12.6, or eventually 10.13.x.

Clover will not complain... but macOS will.
KabyLake SMBIOS would require 10.12.5 with the KabyLake update or 10.12.6, or eventually 10.13.x.

Ah, I see. I can bypass the check with
Code:
-no_compat_check
. I thought that was a Clover problem. I presume that I can't get public access to the 10.12.5 kaby lake patch at this point. No problem waiting (although I deleted my 17,1 Serial/UUID numbers... won't do that again).

Thanks

Ah, I see. I can bypass the check with
Code:
-no_compat_check
. I thought that was a Clover problem. I presume that I can't get public access to the 10.12.5 kaby lake patch at this point. No problem waiting (although I deleted my 17,1 Serial/UUID numbers... won't do that again).

Thanks

Both the Kaby Lake 10.12.5 update and the beta 10.12.6 are publicly available.

Just bought an Nuc7i3. Love the design but dont love the hassle with OSX. No matter what installation type i use (unibeast or this wonderfull guide) i get stuk at the beginning. Clover loads, i boot in verbose mode (i want to see what happens) and it says: reloc block: yes hybernate wake: no +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ and than it stalls.

I cannot get round this. Tried safe mode, used different USB ports, used different USB sticks, relocated the ram module, used a different SSD. No avail.

what could be the problem and how to fix this?

Just bought an Nuc7i3. Love the design but dont love the hassle with OSX. No matter what installation type i use (unibeast or this wonderfull guide) i get stuk at the beginning. Clover loads, i boot in verbose mode (i want to see what happens) and it says: reloc block: yes hybernate wake: no +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ and than it stalls.

I cannot get round this. Tried safe mode, used different USB ports, used different USB sticks, relocated the ram module, used a different SSD. No avail.

what could be the problem and how to fix this?

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Note: From your problem description, it seems likely you're using the wrong config.plist.

@ralle12345 Did you get your nuc7i5 working ? . I have a new NUC7i3bnh , thinking of building a hackintosh . Is there a simpler way where I can simply install the clover , drag and drop list of files which already contains the files which I need ? or any other guide within tonymac . I took have a corshair NVMe 128GB ram .

@RehabMan

@ralle12345 Did you get your nuc7i5 working ? . I have a new NUC7i3bnh , thinking of building a hackintosh . Is there a simpler way where I can simply install the clover , drag and drop list of files which already contains the files which I need ? or any other guide within tonymac . I took have a corshair NVMe 128GB ram .

@RehabMan

Read post #1.

What's stopping "wake on LAN" from working – not fixable at all, or?

Not super important for me, but still a feature I'd like to use from time to time.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back