Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I agree. Just could not get HackrNVMeFamily with class-code spoof to work in my first two tries.

If done correctly, it works.
Plenty of opportunity for mistakes...
It seems likely we won't have to worry about it in the future though...

Still waiting for Apple. The Mac mini has not been getting any love from Apple. That's why I went with the NUC7.

Yeah, it is too bad... I think Apple could create a much better NUC...

Afaik skylake/kabylake integrated graphics doesn't sleep but the OP has sleep listed as working. I'm trying to decide between the nuc and a deskmini. Working sleep would be huge as a deciding factor. Is it actually working?

Afaik skylake/kabylake integrated graphics doesn't sleep but the OP has sleep listed as working. I'm trying to decide between the nuc and a deskmini. Working sleep would be huge as a deciding factor. Is it actually working?

Sleep is working just fine here (connected NUC7i7BNH via DP to Dell U3011 display).

Sleep problems may be specific to HD520/HD530/HD620/HD630.
The NUC7i7BNH has Iris Plus 650.

Side note: Sleep also working on HD515 on Intel ComputeStick (Skylake) with HDMI connected to Dell U2410. Also working on NUC6i7KYK and NUC6i5SYK (Iris Pro 580, Iris Pro 540, respectively).

I also have an HD630/i7-7700k system here ready to go (need to install motherboard in case, CPU, RAM, etc). Just need some time... will be interesting to see how that goes with regard to sleep.

Last edited:
Your config.plist is wrong.
Read post #1, "Final config.plist".

Dear RehabMan,

thank you very much, everything is working now!
(my mistake was: I put the config.plist into the Clover folder using Finder and had not realized the difference between config_install_nuc7.plist and config_nuc7.plist )

Kindest regards
Wolfgang

Sleep is working just fine here (connected NUC7i7BNH via DP to Dell U3011 display).

Sleep problems may be specific to HD520/HD530/HD620/HD630.
The NUC7i7BNH has Iris Plus 650.

Side note: Sleep also working on HD515 on Intel ComputeStick (Skylake) with HDMI connected to Dell U2410. Also working on NUC6i7KYK and NUC6i5SYK (Iris Pro 580, Iris Pro 540, respectively).

I also have an HD630/i7-7700k system here ready to go (need to install motherboard in case, CPU, RAM, etc). Just need some time... will be interesting to see how that goes with regard to sleep.

Thanks for the info, will be interesting to see how HD630 turns out for sure. How about the Kaby Lake HD640? Untested or not working?

How about the Kaby Lake HD640? Untested or not working?

No such hardware here.
My guess is it will work same as HD540.

Rehabman is the integrated microphone working for you?
Thanks for support - I got intel nuc7i3bnh working ok on Sierra 10.12.5. I found that audio is working without the need for a patch but the inbuilt microphones do not work with or without your patch. All I see is line-in so Siri is not hearing me. I was thinking to try the voodoohda drivers but I don't know how to install them yet or are they any good.

Last edited:
Rehabman is the integrated microphone working for you?
Thanks for support - I got intel nuc7i3bnh working ok on Sierra 10.12.5. I found that audio is working without the need for a patch but the inbuilt microphones do not work with or without your patch. All I see is line-in so Siri is not hearing me. I was thinking to try the voodoohda drivers but I don't know how to install them yet or are they any good.

What do you mean by "integrated microphone"?
AFAIK, there is no built-in mic on these devices...
Please describe exactly what you're doing and provide "Problem Reporting" files as per post #1.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/nuc/nuc-kit-nuc7i7bnh-brief.html
Number 20 in the picture:
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/w...features.jpg.rendition.intel.web.1648.927.jpg
The Intel NUC7i7BNH has some cool new features including a dual-array front microphone so you can take advantage of Cortana’s* capabilities if you install Windows® 10 with no additional hardware needed.

Now how to enable them for Siri use - voodoohda does not work at all on my system - I don't know what else to try.

Last edited:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/nuc/nuc-kit-nuc7i7bnh-brief.html
Number 20 in the picture:
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/w...features.jpg.rendition.intel.web.1648.927.jpg
The Intel NUC7i7BNH has some cool new features including a dual-array front microphone so you can take advantage of Cortana’s* capabilities if you install Windows® 10 with no additional hardware needed.

Now how to enable them for Siri use - voodoohda does not work at all on my system - I don't know what else to try.

We are using the same ALC283 files from NUC5/NUC6, so the new mic would not be in the XML (Layout/Platforms).
It would require a new layout-id, and appropriate changes to the XML files (and changes to SSDT-NUCHDA.dsl).

Note: Updated post #1, "Known Problems".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back