Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Profile changed and files uploaded as requested.
I am trying to install 10.12.6.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 80
  • 20170828_103625.jpg
    20170828_103625.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 95
Profile changed and files uploaded as requested.
I am trying to install 10.12.6.

The stop you have is typical when you're installing on KabyLake without KabyLake support (eg. not 10.12.6).
You can verify that is the case by setting FakeCPUID to 0x0506e3.
If it boots further that way, then you know you don't have 10.12.6 on your USB.

Interesting. I'll give it a shot. I made the USB using my MBP with 10.12.6 on it, so I'm not sure what could've gone wrong. Thanks.

Interesting. I'll give it a shot. I made the USB using my MBP with 10.12.6 on it, so I'm not sure what could've gone wrong. Thanks.

Your installer app is probably older than 10.12.6, even though your system was updated via the App Store to 10.12.6.
Updating a system from the App Store does not affect the content of the installer app in /Applications.
Delete the installer from /Applications, empty trash, then download it again from the App Store "Purchases" tab.
Then rebuild your USB installer.

Yep, setting the FakeCPUID did get me past it. Now to figure out why the USB drive doesn't have 10.12.6 on it...

Your installer app is probably older than 10.12.6, even though your system was updated via the App Store to 10.12.6.
Updating a system from the App Store does not affect the content of the installer app in /Applications.

Got it, makes sense. Thank you!

Yep, setting the FakeCPUID did get me past it. Now to figure out why the USB drive doesn't have 10.12.6 on it...

It is because of what I wrote in #159.
It doesn't have 10.12.6 on it because the installer app you used in /Applications is not 10.12.6.

It is because of what I wrote in #159.
It doesn't have 10.12.6 on it because the installer app you used in /Applications is not 10.12.6.

Yep saw that... posted before I read that post. Sorry, not very good on these forums :|

Yep saw that... posted before I read that post. Sorry, not very good on these forums :|

No worries. Hopefully you're on your way now.

KBL stuff is new, so we should expect bugs.

But first we must look to see if your setup is correct.
For example, maybe you forgot to update your config.plist, such that the connector-type for the HDMI is not being patched as HDMI (would be marked as DP, which of course won't work with 4k properly).

1) I had installed Sierra 10.12.6 in early Aug with the SKL spoof (Iris Graphics 540, device ID: 0x1926) and got 4K@60 on USB-C and 4K@30 on HDMI.
2) Yesterday i updated using this thread post #1 'Post Installation' for native KBL CPU and IGPU (Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640, Device ID: 5926). Everything rock solid, but now limited to 4K@30 on both USB-C and HDMI.

By swapping the ACPI/patched/SSDT-NUC7.aml between pre (spoof) and post (native) update, i can observe the change on the USB-C port. HDMI on both spoof and native is limited to 4K@30. There was the GitHub commit to 'Intel-NUC-DSDT-Patch' on Aug 19th that i suppose made the related changes.

1) Why is the USB-C using the native 'Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640' limited to 4K@30?
2) Why is the HDMI port limited to 4K@30 both with spoof and native?

Zipped Problem Report files attached of the NUC7i5BNK Sierra 10.12.6 updated for native KBL CPU and IGPU. Please advise if this belongs in one of the KL graphic threads. Thanks for all you do RehabMan!

Attachments

• NUC7i5BNK_10.12.6.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 112
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back