Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio (all Sandy Bridge -> Kaby Lake [and likely later])

I added the SIP settings as per the RtVariables into Clover and rebooted and all seemed fine.

I then removed all the kexts from my EFI/Clover and installed them into S/L/E on the system volume, with Kext Wizard. Repaired permissions and rebuild cache, and restarted, and it does not want to boot anymore.

The apple logo comes up and it fills up and then nothing happens.

EDIT: Putting kexts back into EFI/Clover, lets me boot normally again. There is still no HDMI sound.

Last edited:
I added the SIP settings as per the RtVariables into Clover and rebooted and all seemed fine.

I then removed all the kexts from my EFI/Clover and installed them into S/L/E on the system volume, with Kext Wizard. Repaired permissions and rebuild cache, and restarted, and it does not want to boot anymore.

The apple logo comes up and it fills up and then nothing happens.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Your ioreg shows no HDMI device plugged in.
You should also verify (in Windows) that your HDMI port is actually connected to the Intel graphics device, not Nvidia...
Ok, i checked and this time, i plugged hdmi cable in and i'm able to change 00 04 00 00 to 00 08 00 00 and i guarantee that HDMI port is actually connected to the Intel graphics device, but it still not working

Attachments

• config.plist
    16 KB · Views: 188
  • iMac.ioreg
    5.9 MB · Views: 140
Ok, i checked and this time, i plugged hdmi cable in and i'm able to change 00 04 00 00 to 00 08 00 00 and i guarantee that HDMI port is actually connected to the Intel graphics device, but it still not working

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Note: This ioreg shows no HDMI device plugged in. All connectors are patched for HDMI except the 0306 connector.

Also, you should try both with and without FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext. You cannot predict whether it is needed or not... must try both ways.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Note: This ioreg shows no HDMI device plugged in. All connectors are patched for HDMI except the 0306 connector.

Also, you should try both with and without FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext. You cannot predict whether it is needed or not... must try both ways.
Neither with or without FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext worked

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 111
Neither with or without FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext worked

Still no HDMI device plugged in in this ioreg.
No expectation of HDMI audio without an HDMI device plugged in...

I got my HDMI audio working using this guide, however I cannot adjust the volume of the HDMI audio in laptop.
Is that normal? or am I missing something?

I got my HDMI audio working using this guide, however I cannot adjust the volume of the HDMI audio in laptop.
Is that normal? or am I missing something?

As per Apple design, no volume controls for HDMI/DP out.

I did everything except injecting "hda-gfx" = "onboard-1" into HDAU and IGPU. Can you explain how to do it please?

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 86
I did everything except injecting "hda-gfx" = "onboard-1" into HDAU and IGPU. Can you explain how to do it please?

Easiest way is to use config.plist/Devices/AddProperties.
See example in my guide plists (it is commented out as #AddProperties).

Back