Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio (all Sandy Bridge -> Kaby Lake [and likely later])

Previously, you implied you could not boot.
Now you provide ioreg.
The ioreg can be obtained only with successful boot.
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention I use 3 config.plist to boot my machine. 1 as the main config.plist, 1 as a backup and 1 as a test. Same as the DSDT. I use many of them to boot and I cannot boot if I do B0D3->HDAU patched.

Your ACPI configuration is wrong.
Since you have only a single GPU, there is no reason to patch the SSDTs.
You can do all renames via config.plist.
See guide for correct settings in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
Thank you sir, I will read and try this.

If you were to attempt the renames via patched SSDTs, you would need all static OEM SSDTs in ACPI/patched, DropOem=true, and SortedOrder to specify SSDT load order.

eg. You would have this in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-5.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-11.aml
SSDT-12.aml

And DropOem=true, SortedOrder containing all the SSDTs in the order above.
I'll also try this method if I failed in the hotpatch

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention I use 3 config.plist to boot my machine. 1 as the main config.plist, 1 as a backup and 1 as a test. Same as the DSDT. I use many of them to boot and I cannot boot if I do B0D3->HDAU patched.

Keep in mind the Clover feature you're trying to use (choosing plist from Clover options) is seriously bugged.
Also, keep in mind that config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches DO NOT apply to SSDTs in ACPI/patched. Such patches only apply to native DSDT, ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml, and native SSDTs (not SSDTs in ACPI/patched).

RehabMan, can you help me with this, i couldn't use HDMI and i don't see any frame buffer patch to change connector type from 00 04 00 00 to 00 08 00 00. Thank you

Attachments

• iMac.ioreg
    3.1 MB · Views: 112
  • config.plist
    13.6 KB · Views: 232
RehabMan, can you help me with this, i couldn't use HDMI and i don't see any frame buffer patch to change connector type from 00 04 00 00 to 00 08 00 00. Thank you

Your ioreg shows no HDMI device plugged in.
You should also verify (in Windows) that your HDMI port is actually connected to the Intel graphics device, not Nvidia...

I'm trying to follow the guide, but my layout-id is mismatched between HDAU and HDEF.
HDEF shows 03 00 00 00
HDAU shows 0C 00 00 00.

How do I go about changing that. I tried to inject the properties using clover but don't think it worked. DSDT patching changed one of them but not the other. I have renamed all of my B0D3 to HDAU.

I'm trying to follow the guide, but my layout-id is mismatched between HDAU and HDEF.
HDEF shows 03 00 00 00
HDAU shows 0C 00 00 00.

How do I go about changing that. I tried to inject the properties using clover but don't think it worked. DSDT patching changed one of them but not the other. I have renamed all of my B0D3 to HDAU.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Here you go

Thanks!

Attachments

• zip.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 89
It seems they are matched now but I'm still not getting any audio from HDMI.

Back