Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio (all Sandy Bridge -> Kaby Lake [and likely later])

Thanks for your answer. You are correct, I connect though Framebuffer@1 (I follow your instructions to the coma). That part I got it. So how do I fix the layout-id on HDAU? An for my own education, how did you find out? I could not find the layout Id on the IOreg. Thanks again

Searching for layout-id is covered in the guide. The "Rename B0D3->HDAU" patch contains the layout-id for HDAU. Make sure you change it to 28 before applying the patch.

W
Searching for layout-id is covered in the guide. The "Rename B0D3->HDAU" patch contains the layout-id for HDAU. Make sure you change it to 28 before applying the patch.

I think then that I really screw it then. I had already apply the patch. The files I sent you were already patched with rename B0D3. However I did not made the change to 28 before applying the patch. I did not save my DSDT and SSDTs before applying the patch. Is there a way to correct this without starting from 0. I have done so many corrections to these files...

W

I think then that I really screw it then. I had already apply the patch. The files I sent you were already patched with rename B0D3. However I did not made the change to 28 before applying the patch. I did not save my DSDT and SSDTs before applying the patch. Is there a way to correct this without starting from 0. I have done so many corrections to these files...

Just apply the patch with the correct layout-id. Or edit your now patched files to correct the layout-id.

Not completely sure how I fixed it but I got it to work. I also was also able to get the finder to work. I did not check the property keys in the finder. Once more, thank you, thank you and thank you.

Last edited:
Not completely sure how I fixed it but I got it to work. I also was also able to get the finder to work. I did not check the property keys in the finder. Once more, thank you, thank you and thank you.

Finder? Do you mean IORegistryExplorer?

Note: Skylake seems to use a single audio device, usually named HDAS. It must be renamed to HDEF for OS X

Do i have to replace manually HDAS to HDEF in dsdt ? Or is it safer to use the clover patch ?

Does this means that when I apply any patch that involves HDEF i should apply to HDAS instead ?

If you're thinking of the "Audio Layout*" patches, yes. You would have to modify the patch to work against HDAS. But really, if you're patching DSDT, you might as well do the rename manually then... (use MaciASL find/replace).

Personally, I would use config.plist to do the rename, and an add-on SSDT instead of patching DSDT. But I haven't really finished that guide yet.

Which is the patch for a ig-platform 0x191b0000 to patch AppleIntelFramebuffer@3 ?

Back