Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio (all Sandy Bridge -> Kaby Lake [and likely later])

I installed Catalina (10.15.2) on Acer Aspire. Few issues were quite easy to fix. Got stuck with HDMI and Audio. I use Lilu and AppleALC for Audio, WEG for video. Laptop has two SSD drives (one hold windows, another Hackintosh). HDMI was rebooting laptop on plugin. Opened pipes on fb 1,2 and now HDMI is dead. I do not see a display on neither of FBs
Audio is even greater enigma. I had it working and lost it when I started tinkering with HDMI.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know what else is of interest, please

Attachments

• Acer.ioreg
    3.5 MB · Views: 184
  • config.plist
    11 KB · Views: 233
I installed Catalina (10.15.2) on Acer Aspire. Few issues were quite easy to fix. Got stuck with HDMI and Audio. I use Lilu and AppleALC for Audio, WEG for video. Laptop has two SSD drives (one hold windows, another Hackintosh). HDMI was rebooting laptop on plugin. Opened pipes on fb 1,2 and now HDMI is dead. I do not see a display on neither of FBs
Audio is even greater enigma. I had it working and lost it when I started tinkering with HDMI.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know what else is of interest, please
inject intel should be set to false

this should be removed:
Code:
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
        <string>0x0</string>

this:
Code:
<key>Inject</key>
            <string>Detect</string>

should be:
Code:
<key>Inject</key>
            <string>No</string>

this:
Code:
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x0</string>

should be:
Code:
        <string>0x67</string>

MacBookPro14,1 would be a better choice of smbios

also there is a fix in hackintool to stop reboot on hdmi connect

inject intel should be set to false

this should be removed:
Code:
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
        <string>0x0</string>

this:
Code:
<key>Inject</key>
            <string>Detect</string>

should be:
Code:
<key>Inject</key>
            <string>No</string>

this:
Code:
        <string>0x0</string>

should be:
Code:
        <string>0x67</string>

MacBookPro14,1 would be a better choice of smbios

also there is a fix in hackintool to stop reboot on hdmi connect
Thank you. Done all this. Does not make a difference. Will try and investigate further

Thank you. Done all this. Does not make a difference. Will try and investigate further

and also check the guides at the top of that post

@Feartech
Hello. Maybe you can help me?
Notebook config:
Intel® Core™ i7 3630QM Processor
Intel Graphics HD4000
Intel® HM76 Express Chipset
15.6" 16:9 Full HD

Clover 5104 | MacOS 10.15.3

Problem. HDMI is working ( ), but internal display (with ig-platform-id 0x01660004 ) - no.

HDMI is working without entering ig-platform-id or with 0x01660003. But in mac os preferences I see 2 monitors. But internal - is black.
Only display with ig-platform-id 0x01660004

My EFI and config.plist is attached

Please, help me to solve it!
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 209
  • EFI.zip
    10.2 MB · Views: 175
@Feartech
Hello. Maybe you can help me?
Notebook config:
Intel® Core™ i7 3630QM Processor
Intel Graphics HD4000
Intel® HM76 Express Chipset
15.6" 16:9 Full HD

Clover 5104 | MacOS 10.15.3

Problem. HDMI is working ( ), but internal display (with ig-platform-id 0x01660004 ) - no.

HDMI is working without entering ig-platform-id or with 0x01660003. But in mac os preferences I see 2 monitors. But internal - is black.
Only display with ig-platform-id 0x01660004

My EFI and config.plist is attached

Please, help me to solve it!
Thank you in advance.
config.plist looks a little old, grab a newer one from the laptop guide:

also read up on:

Maybe your HDMI is directly connected to the Nvidia device.
Check in Windows.
RehabMan,
I have the same problem, I realized with Hackintool that when you put the HDMI cable in the notebook it recognizes as HDMI right? However, the rare times that he recognizes as "DP" he works the hdmi audio. Is there any way to always recognize the cable in the notebook's HDMI port as "DP"?

Hi! I have tried to follow the guide, but I'm stuck at the step of discovering the framebuffer where handles the HDMI output. In my case, when I add the pipes settings in my laptop, the connector-type doesn't change in any framebuffer.

In case It helps, if I use platform-id 0d260007 instead of 0a260006, the HDMI output works, but the internal screen don't (sometimes a few glitches, but normally is black).

I'm uploading my config.plist and the IOReg output between the 2 platforms:

Attachments

• config(1).plist
    43.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 0700260d.ioreg
    30.3 MB · Views: 24
  • 0600260a.ioreg
    30.1 MB · Views: 30
Back