Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio (all Sandy Bridge -> Kaby Lake [and likely later])

Note: In case you're wondering, Skylake (and Kaby Lake, and Coffee Lake) are similar to HD3000/HD4000 in that the HDMI/DP codec is on HDEF (typically HDAS in PC DSDT, renamed to HDEF for OS X) instead on a separate device HDAU.
Hello. Do I not need to rename B0D4 to HDAU or inject information to it if I have a Kaby Lake R system? More like can anyone tell me what B0D4 does if HDEF has the codec for HDMI on Sky Lake+? No use for it in macOS?

Last edited:
What's wrong my system?
İf i plug the HDMİ cable system rebooting.

Attachments

• debug_16305.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 153
Hello, I need your help!
My laptop keep rebooting if I connect display through HDMI port. I'm using Clover config that you provided (for HD620 not spoofed). I've tried to uncomment everything that is described in this topic, alsdo tried FakePCIID kext - nothing helps..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 3.34.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 3.34.12 PM.png
    267.7 KB · Views: 182
  • debug_7058.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 142
Hi guys, I'm trying to setup HDMI audio on my LG Gram 17 (Whiskey Lake i7-8565U, UHD620, CX8200). I followed the guide in the 1-st post in this thread. check-list seems to be OK, I have no problems with video hdmi output and Intel HD audio also is working fine. But I see no hdmi device in the list of output audio devices. Can you help, please. gen_debug output file is attached
Thank you.

Attachments

• debug_21653.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 153
I have asus rog gl703vd. In ioreg/IGPU, I can't see anything then AppleIntelFramebuffer@0 (my internal display). I tried to delete the "#" of all "framebuffer-conX-enable=1" and " framebuffer-conX-pipe=<12 00 00 00>", but when I am connecting HDMI, the laptop restarts. I tried also to delete the "#" of all "framebuffer-conX-type". Could someone help me?

Frame Buffer Patching section fixed my HDMI sound thank u mr rehabman u are the man

On HD4000 via HDMI max resolution 1920x1080@60? My monitor support 2K@144Hz
Laptop: Asus N56VB(i7-3610QM, HD4000+GT740M, HM76 Chipset)

Hi,
Why the system always trying to connect to DP port? I don't have one. My Dell laptop has only 1 video port - HDMI (no VGA, DP, DVI).

I see a lot of [IGFB][INFO] [Connection_probe] msgs in the log and during these connections my laptop hangs.

If eliminate DP port the system reboots every 5m ([IGFB][INFO] [Connection_probe] failed??) and after waking from sleep.

Any ideas?

Back