Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio (all Sandy Bridge -> Kaby Lake [and likely later])

So I was briefly fortunate yesterday, by setting AAPL,ig-platform-id in Properties to 0x591B0000. But it was very unstable.
Also, I had to enable and disable: framebuffer-con1-flags, framebuffer-con1-pipe, framebuffer-con1-type in a certain order before finally enabling: framebuffer-con1-enable and framebuffer-con1-alldata and setting it to:

Code:
 01050A00 00080000 87010000 02040A00 00080000 87010000 FF000000 01000000 20000000

Hotplugging would result in KP and restart.

Today, I switched to VirtualSMC and helper SMCplugins and I am using the vsmcgen=1 and lilucpu=9 boot arguments

Now I am not getting even the video signal on HDMI, let alone audio.

If @RehabMan chooses to advise me, I would attach the new PR files.

Anyone who had success in enabling HDMI with audio for the UHD 620 is equally welcome.

Must attach PR files with clear description of current state/problem.

Thanks @RehabMan .

I am not able to get HDMI audio on my TV.

1. I get HDMI audio sporadically with my current settings and (PR files attached.) only when I boot with the HDMI cable connected to the TV. If I hotplug, there is no HDMI audio.
  2. If I lose HDMI audio, even after booting with the cable connected, I make some random changes in the framebuffer-con1* values (enable and disable the keys) and finally restore it exactly back to where I started from. This exercise sometimes restores the HDMI audio, if I boot with the cable connected again, but definitely not if I hotplug.
  3. The connector type for AppleIntelFrameBuffer@1 does not change to 00 08 00 00 and it's stuck at 00 04 00 00 regardless of the cable is connected or not. Also, there is no HDMI shown in System Preferences>Sound>Output even though I am able to get the video output on the TV.

One more thing is that there used to be a pink tint on the TV, which I worked around by using the "patch-edid.rb" script. I never faced this in High Sierra.

I have tried other SMBIOS models also, such as the MacBook Pro 14,1 and 14,2.

HDMI audio works in Windows. Also previously it worked using the "0x591b0000, 0105 instead of 0204, HDMI" patch, in "KextsToPatch".

PR files generated after booting with HDMI cable connected, otherwise it wont show in IORegistryExplorer.

Attachments

• debug_28446.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 145
Thanks @RehabMan .

I am not able to get HDMI audio on my TV.

1. I get HDMI audio sporadically with my current settings and (PR files attached.) only when I boot with the HDMI cable connected to the TV. If I hotplug, there is no HDMI audio.
  2. If I lose HDMI audio, even after booting with the cable connected, I make some random changes in the framebuffer-con1* values (enable and disable the keys) and finally restore it exactly back to where I started from. This exercise sometimes restores the HDMI audio, if I boot with the cable connected again, but definitely not if I hotplug.
  3. The connector type for AppleIntelFrameBuffer@1 does not change to 00 08 00 00 and it's stuck at 00 04 00 00 regardless of the cable is connected or not. Also, there is no HDMI shown in System Preferences>Sound>Output even though I am able to get the video output on the TV.

One more thing is that there used to be a pink tint on the TV, which I worked around by using the "patch-edid.rb" script. I never faced this in High Sierra.

I have tried other SMBIOS models also, such as the MacBook Pro 14,1 and 14,2.

HDMI audio works in Windows. Also previously it worked using the "0x591b0000, 0105 instead of 0204, HDMI" patch, in "KextsToPatch".

PR files generated after booting with HDMI cable connected, otherwise it wont show in IORegistryExplorer.

It is a typical problem with KBL.
You might experiment with different ig-platform-id values, different framebuffer patching, and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext.

Hi.
Have a problem to get HDMI (DP) working on my HP EliteBook 840 G1. Tried to follow the guide but failed. injecting property "hda-gfx" = "onboard-1" on HDAU, IGPU, HDEF objects not working. Any help appreciated.

Hardware:
Mobo: HP EliteBook 840 G1 8 Series
CPU: i5-4300U
Graphics: Intel HD 4400 frame buffer 0x04260000

Attachments

• debug_24629.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 154
Last edited:
HDMI is obviously working. Sorry my bad.
I thought that HDMI should show up as an permanent option in: About my Mac -> Audio, but I was wrong. When I connect my display to the display port on my EliteBook 840 HDMI shows up and everything is working perfect.

Thank's Rehabman for all your good work:headbang:

Hi @RehabMan , i don't know this opt in to config ? what funtional ?

Hi @RehabMan , i don't know this opt in to config ? what funtional ?
View attachment 393276
As you see it and have it selected:
It is to enable internal display after sleep (when laptop wake from sleep) for those specified ig-platform-id's as if you use them, your screen will be black/won't wake. these patches are templates for different laptop models, you should use the ones you need accordingly and remove the unnecessary patches for your setup.

Hi Rehab,

I am on Mojave 10.14.3

Through your guides managed to get

the following working:
- DSDT error free + Patched
- disabled Discrete IGPU native power management
- Sleep/wake/lid closure
- Brightness control
- USB ports limitation
- wifi + BT
- HDMI sound on HDAU

Not Working:
Sound on HDEF with device ID pci8086,8c20, although device is listed in PCI, system report as attached. Tried to patch through AppleHDApatcher, no hope.

Could you help me please.

Thanks

Attachments

• Ioreg.zip
    612.8 KB · Views: 173
  • EFI.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 209
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 2.17.21 AM.zip
    125.3 KB · Views: 133
Back