Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio (all Sandy Bridge -> Kaby Lake [and likely later])

Tried adding the device-id and RM,device-id ... but no luck

Lost HDMI video after adding FakePCI*.kexts ...
Did you do it as in my config? Have you enabled hdas to hdef? Try to sort your HDMI config first

HDAS->HDEF conversion is done at DSDT level. I had tried to switch on the corresponding Clover hotpatch also, but to no effect. To do exactly as your config, I would need to look into your config.plist, if you do not mind sharing it. :)

My config as said is in the last debug published in that topic I told you earlier!!!! Hdef renaming better to do it in config patches. Just download debug pack and you'll find everything.

Pay attention that you don't have kabylake but coffee lake!!! Before doing this you should patch your graphics with the correct I'd!!!!! Hackingtool can help you

I copied your Device>Properties>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) .

I also enabled the Clover hot patch HDAS>HDEF, but this killed my QE/CI . It did not enable the HDMI audio however.

Need @RehabMan 's kind attention.

I
I copied your Device>Properties>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) .

I also enabled the Clover hot patch HDAS>HDEF, but this killed my QE/CI . It did not enable the HDMI audio however.

Need @RehabMan 's kind attention.
Tell you again that you are using kabylake lake IDs. You have to use your own graphic card I'd. You can't just copy the config

I am sorry, but I'm not able to get it.

See, my CPU is 8250U, which is Kaby Lake-R. Now my exact device id is 5917. Hence, I can either spoof it as 5916, 591B or 87C0. Setting it to 591B or 87C0 works on Internal display but not on HDMI TV. Only 5916 gets me the HDMI video.

Is there any other config that I should try?

Use hackingtool! If you really want to spoof to kabylake also insert lilucpu=9 in boot arguments. 591b should be fine. There's a config in rehabman repo for this model I think

Used Hackintool only to generate the config.plist, which I later merged with the original config.plist. Tried with 0x591B, it appeared for a while only to resort to the default non-working state in the next reboot.

So I was briefly fortunate yesterday, by setting AAPL,ig-platform-id in Properties to 0x591B0000. But it was very unstable.
Also, I had to enable and disable: framebuffer-con1-flags, framebuffer-con1-pipe, framebuffer-con1-type in a certain order before finally enabling: framebuffer-con1-enable and framebuffer-con1-alldata and setting it to:

Code:
 01050A00 00080000 87010000 02040A00 00080000 87010000 FF000000 01000000 20000000

Hotplugging would result in KP and restart.

Today, I switched to VirtualSMC and helper SMCplugins and I am using the vsmcgen=1 and lilucpu=9 boot arguments

Now I am not getting even the video signal on HDMI, let alone audio.

If @RehabMan chooses to advise me, I would attach the new PR files.

Anyone who had success in enabling HDMI with audio for the UHD 620 is equally welcome.

Back