Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio (all Sandy Bridge -> Kaby Lake [and likely later])

Hello everyone! Thinkpad t470P here. Tried everything to make video out work on this machine.
Firstly, must say that I use miniDP: it is set as HDMI otherwise I get pink tint on the output display.
Suggested layout id for this model is 47 but I tried every alc298 layout without any luck to get Vout audio working.
Tried also following settings with and without fakepciid (which causes audio to stop working and being recognized)
inject 0
reset hda yes ----> audio still working (internal speaker)
inject 47
reset hda yes/no ------> ausio still working (internal speaker)

adding fakepciid and hdmi audio with both of above options, leads to non working audio (internal speakers and hdmi).

cpu is i7 7700HQ so Kaby lake intel hd 630 (which is perfecly recognized). Attached last debug infos. Thanks for the help!

Hey, Until Rehabman reply's, you can try what i did. (I am new into the hackintosh world but i have been struggling with HDMI audio for the best two weeks, I messed with every single settings and read many, many guides and after all of that I was like what the heck lets try this by myself blindly and learn as we go)

--Note: Always backup your last working config.plist before modifying any additional things ...

Here is what I did,

Download the Tool Hackintool form here
Click on the speaker icon.

Select your Device.(if you have multiple ones visible)
Look at Layout ID:

-if it says 47 as in the picture then stop here, and go back and read the Guide carefully and follow every step.

-if says anything else then your layout in the config file is not injecting (just like my problem probably) then continue.

assuming that you step your layout as 47 in your plist file but you still get 0 or nothing under layout in Hackintool, then write in whatever layout here and then go back

then click on Patch

and select Device/Properties and Audio only nothing else.
then click generate.
it will give you the code underneath, look at under layout-id
there will be a value in Base64:
something like this:

BAAAAA==

copy it and click on the calculator icon, the second to last
and past it in the Base64 and it will convert it to this 2F000000

now open Clover Configuration and go to where layout-id is under devices
and delete every layout-id you see there and add a new one but this time don't change the Value type to number, Keep it as DATA and under properties value paste in the Hex value we got from Hackintool. also might as well type the number in decimal this time up in the Inject field and Have ResetHDA checked.
Save and reboot, and cross your fingers it works.

Side Note: sorry for any bad grammars or spellings mistakes, English is not my first Language.

I have attached a plist config file extracted from your debug folder with only layout id changed nothing else was touched.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.8 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Thank you !! Btw layout gets recognized in hackintool and I don't have any problem in internal speaker use. The thing that i cannot get to work is audio under video out connection (and I have pink tint as well).

Maybe try to follow the guide here, though it's for T460, They similarly spec except for the new Intel cpu and some minor changes. Also in the guide, Rehabman clearly stated that if you are using DP or mDP connector you don't have to do anything except enabling Hda and layout, maybe your audio problem is connected to your video problem.

Thank you .... I'll try again.
Edit
That's about el Captain... More recent solutions needed. There's for sure something wrong here and there

Last edited:
Still can't get to work, even with skylake spoof

@RehabMan, need your help.

I am not able to get HDMI audio on my TV.

The connector type for AppleIntelFrameBuffer@1 does not change to 00 08 00 00 and it's stuck at 00 04 00 00 regardless of the cable is connected or not.

There is no HDMI shown in System Preferences>Sound>Output although I am able to get the video on the TV. (Pink tinge fixed by using the "patch-edid.rb" script)

I have tried other SMBIOS models also, such as the MacBook Pro 14,1 and 14,2.

HDMI audio works in Windows. Also previously it worked using the "0x591b0000, 0105 instead of 0204, HDMI" patch, in "KextsToPatch".

Attached PR files, could you please help?

Attachments

• debug_15703.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 126
Had same situation, look at my thread in my profile ... There are some hint

Thanks, but you have tried so many steps... Could you confirm that your HDMI audio is working? In that case could you please post your config.plist and if you are using any SSDT for this?

One of the last messages has a debug. There is the config. I did nothing more that adding fakepciid and fakepciid HDMI audio and specify rmdevice and device id in device_properties under audio interface. For sure then you'll need to port over to your computer . Everything is explained in posts even though I don't know if it's the right way to solve this....but no one really helped me...so that's what you have.

Tried adding the device-id and RM,device-id ... but no luck

Lost HDMI video after adding FakePCI*.kexts ...

Back