Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio (all Sandy Bridge -> Kaby Lake [and likely later])

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Thanks for the reply. My bluetooth and webcam are working again. Just no audio via HDMI. Video is working fine.

Files attached below (all in separate folders within main zip)

Side note: Would me using apple alc and lilu for audio be a reason that sound through hdmi is not working? Is it obligatory to use patched apple hda?

Attachments

• problem files.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 125
Thanks for the reply. My bluetooth and webcam are working again. Just no audio via HDMI. Video is working fine.

Files attached below (all in separate folders within main zip)

Side note: Would me using apple alc and lilu for audio be a reason that sound through hdmi is not working? Is it obligatory to use patched apple hda?
all your kexts should be installed to /Library/Extensions, only keep essential kexts in clover/kexts/other

all your kexts should be installed to /Library/Extensions, only keep essential kexts in clover/kexts/other
Thanks . So fake smc, fake pciid and other variations of it should stay in clover/kexts/other, and everything else should be in l/e?

Thanks . So fake smc, fake pciid and other variations of it should stay in clover/kexts/other, and everything else should be in l/e?
fake pciid are not really essential kexts

essential kexts are kexts needed to get to the installer

FakeSMC is an essential kext along with:
lilu can be an essential kext if you use it with IntelGraphicsFixup or IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup (recently superseded with WhateverGreen) using it only with AppleALC is not considered essential as you don't need audio to get to the installer
usbinjectall
voodoops2controller
realtek can be classed as essential if you need network access

delete the other kexts form clover/kexts/other

and then install all those kexts you have in clover/kexts/other to /Library/Extensions

to install a kext using terminal:

Code:
sudo cp -R KextToInstall.kext /Library/Extensions

or drag all your kexts to a folder on your desktop, then in terminal:

Code:
cd <drag kext folder to terminal window>
sudo cp -R *.kext /Library/Extensions

fake pciid are not really essential kexts

essential kexts are kexts needed to get to the installer

FakeSMC is an essential kext along with:
lilu can be an essential kext if you use it with IntelGraphicsFixup or IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup (recently superseded with WhateverGreen) using it only with AppleALC is not considered essential as you don't need audio to get to the installer
usbinjectall
voodoops2controller
realtek can be classed as essential if you need network access

delete the other kexts form clover/kexts/other

and then install all those kexts you have in clover/kexts/other to /Library/Extensions

to install a kext using terminal:

Code:
sudo cp -R KextToInstall.kext /Library/Extensions

or drag all your kexts to a folder on your desktop, then in terminal:

Code:
cd <drag kext folder to terminal window>
sudo cp -R *.kext /Library/Extensions
WOuld the brcm kexts go to l/e as well? Or just do what rehabman says in github ?

Hi, been having problems with getting hdmi to work for an external monitor. Ive looked at the config list and Im not sure it has the kexts for HDMI audio at all. Ive read the instructions several times now still don't know where I'm coming up short. Im totally at a loss on patching SSDT files. Can you help check through so I know what else I haven't done from your list:
Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 11.44.01 PM.png

- the device at address 0x00030000, usually called B0D3, must be renamed to HDAU
- the resulting HDAU device must be recognized by AppleHDAController (config.plist patches required if not natively recognized... or you can use FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext)
- your framebuffer must be patched for HDMI-audio (there are patches in my default config.plist (disabled) files: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config). It is trial/error to determine which port your HDMI is connected (actually, they are positional and you can tell by looking at ioreg).
- patched AppleHDA is required (sometimes VoodooHDA works, but my experience has been not good)
- you have to inject "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" for IGPU and HDAU objects. This is usually done with DSDT/SSDT edits (_DSM methods)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 112
  • Olatunji’s iMac.ioreg
    20.1 MB · Views: 133
  • Product of kextstat|grep -y acpiplat.pdf
    12.8 KB · Views: 152
  • Product of sudo touchSLE.pdf
    15.9 KB · Views: 140
Hi, been having problems with getting hdmi to work for an external monitor. Ive looked at the config list and Im not sure it has the kexts for HDMI audio at all. Ive read the instructions several times now still don't know where I'm coming up short. Im totally at a loss on patching SSDT files. Can you help check through so I know what else I haven't done from your list:
View attachment 347546
- the device at address 0x00030000, usually called B0D3, must be renamed to HDAU
- the resulting HDAU device must be recognized by AppleHDAController (config.plist patches required if not natively recognized... or you can use FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext)
- your framebuffer must be patched for HDMI-audio (there are patches in my default config.plist (disabled) files: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config). It is trial/error to determine which port your HDMI is connected (actually, they are positional and you can tell by looking at ioreg).
- patched AppleHDA is required (sometimes VoodooHDA works, but my experience has been not good)
- you have to inject "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" for IGPU and HDAU objects. This is usually done with DSDT/SSDT edits (_DSM methods)

Read post #1.
You will notice (at a minimum) that you have not injected "hda-gfx" on HDAU.

Plus if you look carefully at your ioreg, you will see you have AppleHDADisabler installed. No expectation of HDMI audio working through AppleHDA if you have disabled it via a disabler kext.

Read post #1.
You will notice (at a minimum) that you have not injected "hda-gfx" on HDAU.

Plus if you look carefully at your ioreg, you will see you have AppleHDADisabler installed. No expectation of HDMI audio working through AppleHDA if you have disabled it via a disabler kext.

Hi and thanks for the feedback. I am at work and not near my computer. I will have more feedback on the corrections you suggested when i'm home.

Just a few questions though.

*After I sent the question to you, I was able to inject hda-gfx but it only shows up under IGPU and not HDEF or HDAU. Is that the same thing or do I need to still get it to show up under HDEF and HDAU?

*Also just to confirm, I am patching SSDT with the miASL app. I wanted to confirm that the process for patching goes as follows: Open app > wait for all code to load > confirm "Rehabman/master" is part of sources > click on "Patch" button at the top near the middle > Scroll through patches till I find "Audio Layout 3-12 (Which of these do I need. I've since installed the latest AppleHDA kext from your repo)" > Click on Apply? Ive done this expecting the hda-gfx to show up under HDEF or HDAU and no luck yet which made me think, If the patch has already been applied, how do I know?

*I have the BOD to HDAU patch enabled via Clover Configurator, I read somewhere that if you have any patches done via ACPI in the configurator, you need to enable "Drop-OEM" is this something I need to do based on my config.plist setup?

*On the AppleHDADisabler, can you confirm that looking for the kext and just removing/uninstalling it via Kext Wizard will work?

*Final question, you've seen my PC specs, can you confirm if I there are any stable Nvidia drivers I can install to get the secondary Nvidia GTX card to work + any config settings I need to enable/disable to make it work or if I should just stick with the Intel setup that seems to have QE/CI already working.

Back