Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio (all Sandy Bridge -> Kaby Lake [and likely later])

You did not patch the framebuffer connector-type for HDMI <00 08 00 00>. It still shows DP <00 04 00 00>.
The patch you need for 0105 HDMI is disabled in your config.plist.

Enabled HDMI framebuffer patch in config.plist. No DP audio. The same machine when boot into Windows 10 has DP audio.

IOReg and Clover.zip attached.

Attachments

• Intel IGPU DP Audio 2.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 78
You did not patch the framebuffer connector-type for HDMI <00 08 00 00>. It still shows DP <00 04 00 00>.
The patch you need for 0105 HDMI is disabled in your config.plist.

Read the guide again, my physical connector is DP. The guide says:

If your physical connector is DP, you do not need to patch for connector-type. But it is possible you may need to patch for the 09 vs. 12 delay. Looking at the hex data for Replace in each patch, it should be obvious how to change the patch such that it keeps the <00 04 00 00> connector-type instead of changing it to <00 08 00 00>.

Should I be patching for 12 delay instead? Anyway, enabled HDMI patch, and it did not make a difference. Audio through lineout is working, but no DP audio...same machine, when boot into windows 10, DP audio is working.

Full set of files attached.

Attachments

• Intel IGPU DP Audio 2.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 79
Read the guide again, my physical connector is DP.

Sorry, for some reason thought you had HDMI physical connector.

Native connector data is already DP. No HDMI framebuffer patch needed.

Last edited:
Native connector data is already DP. No HDMI framebuffer patch needed.

Disable HDMI patch now. Tried 12 delay by using the patch, but changing the connection type to 0004. Still no difference.

Full set of files attached.

Attachments

• Intel IGPU DP Audio 3.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 84
Quick question, on my laptop the hdmi port outputs through the nvidia 1050 discreet card when in windows, in macos nothing at all as its disabled. I haven't looked into the hdmi too much due to the 1050 outputting through the hdmi in windows. Do you think Im right in not having hope.

Your laptop has HDMI dedicated to Nvidia (not Optimus).
This guide, therefore, does not apply to your scenario.
Unless you have another port for Intel external audio/video (such as a USB type C).

Your laptop has HDMI dedicated to Nvidia (not Optimus).
This guide, therefore, does not apply to your scenario.
Unless you have another port for Intel external audio/video (such as a USB type C).
Thanks I do have usb type c but no adapter or screen to try that out right now.

Thanks I do have usb type c but no adapter or screen to try that out right now.

You will need an adapter to test/implement support for that port.

Back