Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio (all Sandy Bridge -> Kaby Lake [and likely later])

I found all keys presented in ioreg, but the HDMI audio is still not working.

Can you help me to figure out what's wrong? Thanks.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 75
I found all keys presented in ioreg, but the HDMI audio is still not working.

Can you help me to figure out what's wrong? Thanks.

Note: This ioreg does not match the hardware in your profile.

Your issue might be due to AppleALC.kext. Use patched AppleHDA or AppleHDA injector kext instead.
See FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Also...
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Hi @RehabMan,

I've been struggling with patching the framebuffer on HD620; i5 7200U. Long story short - I have implemented all the aspects you describe on page 1 of this guide. When I enable your patch (HD620.plist > KernelAndKextPatches > KextToPatch > "0x591b0000, 0105 instead of 0306, HDMI" - HDMI connects and links to Framebuffer@1 (I have FB @0, @1 and @2 - @1 being the HDMI one). HOWEVER, this patch enables 'connector-type = <00 08 00 00>' on FB@2 and NOT on FB@1. So I have HDMI on FB@1 with connector type 00 04 00 00, and FB@2 with connector type 00 08 00 00.

Everything else from your guide is implemented, including hda-gfx on both IGPU and HDEF, as well as FakePCIID kexts.

Could you please help me with this??
Thanks a bunch in advance!

oh and I forgot to mention - Framebuffer@0 is my laptop display - the AppleBacklightDisplay.

Hi @RehabMan,

I've been struggling with patching the framebuffer on HD620; i5 7200U. Long story short - I have implemented all the aspects you describe on page 1 of this guide. When I enable your patch (HD620.plist > KernelAndKextPatches > KextToPatch > "0x591b0000, 0105 instead of 0306, HDMI" - HDMI connects and links to Framebuffer@1 (I have FB @0, @1 and @2 - @1 being the HDMI one). HOWEVER, this patch enables 'connector-type = <00 08 00 00>' on FB@2 and NOT on FB@1. So I have HDMI on FB@1 with connector type 00 04 00 00, and FB@2 with connector type 00 08 00 00.

Everything else from your guide is implemented, including hda-gfx on both IGPU and HDEF, as well as FakePCIID kexts.

Could you please help me with this??
Thanks a bunch in advance!

oh and I forgot to mention - Framebuffer@0 is my laptop display - the AppleBacklightDisplay.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_28472.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 80
Hi @RehabMan,

Apologies, attaching the .zip file now. I used gen_debug.sh tool as you mentioned.

Thanks again!

Your ioreg is corrupt. You're using the wrong version of IORegistryExplorer.app.
The FAQ is very specific regarding the required version (v2.1).

Your ioreg is corrupt. You're using the wrong version of IORegistryExplorer.app.
The FAQ is very specific regarding the required version (v2.1).

@RehabMan,

Silly me! Attaching the .zip including IOReg report pulled from v2.1

Attachments

• debug_23120.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 90
The ioreg shows HDMI on @1, DP on @2.

It does, but when I plug in the HDMI nothing at all happens - no sound or picture going to the TV. Once I unplug and re-plug the HDMI cable, my laptop reboots. This happens when your patch "0x591b0000, 0105 instead of 0306, HDMI" is DISABLED.

When your patch is enabled, picture goes to TV but in terms of sound - HDMI is not on @1 but on @2. Also no sound output at all in Preferences>Sound - see attached zip with your patch ENABLED.

Attachments

• debug_29193.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 81
It does, but when I plug in the HDMI nothing at all happens - no sound or picture going to the TV. Once I unplug and re-plug the HDMI cable, my laptop reboots. This happens when your patch "0x591b0000, 0105 instead of 0306, HDMI" is DISABLED.

When your patch is enabled, picture goes to TV but in terms of sound - HDMI is not on @1 but on @2. Also no sound output at all in Preferences>Sound - see attached zip with your patch ENABLED.

Attach ioreg without the HDMI device plugged in.
You should also test without FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext. Not all hardware requires it.

Back