Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio (all Sandy Bridge -> Kaby Lake [and likely later])

I got a different console output this time, don't know why the previous one was different

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]Stes-MacBook-Pro:~ stenel$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]   13    2 0xffffff7f82b60000 0x66000    0x66000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) 3BE4E926-E063-3BBD-BE05-F6F97358C7A4 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Stes-MacBook-Pro:~ stenel$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Stes-MacBook-Pro:~ stenel$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Stes-MacBook-Pro:~ stenel$ kextstat|grep -y applehda[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   85    1 0xffffff7f82851000 0x1c000    0x1c000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (272.18.1) 2E00D0C5-50F2-30C6-9A22-A85242433B8A <84 83 72 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]  108    0 0xffffff7f829ca000 0xab000    0xab000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (272.18.1) 48CC0220-B853-37A0-865B-F531D757C66E <107 91 85 84 83 72 6 5 4 3 1>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Stes-MacBook-Pro:~ stenel$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Password:[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8111.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AirPortBrcm4360.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext GenericUSBXHCI.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext AppleHDA.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kxld[com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kxld[com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver]:     IOWorkQueue::withCapacity(OSObject*, unsigned int, IOWorkQueueOperationMode, bool, char*)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Link failed (error code 5).[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver; omitting from prelinked kernel.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Can't use IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext - not linked.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHSBluetoothDriver; omitting from prelinked kernel.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothHIDMouse; omitting from prelinked kernel.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothHIDKeyboard; omitting from prelinked kernel.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch; omitting from prelinked kernel.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Stes-MacBook-Pro:~ stenel$[/FONT]

10.11.3 was the current when I started, which was just before the 10.11.4 update, I haven't updated because I thought it might break some of the patches I had already installed.

As for the hdmi audio, do you have any ideas with the updated console output?

View attachment 186207
View attachment 186208

Make sure AppleHDA is patched based on vanilla AppleHDA that matches your version of OS X.

Looks like you have a mess with some bluetooth kexts....

Updating to 10.11.4 might be helpful. It is better to use an AppleHDA injector and Clover hotpatch so you don't to re-patch for each update.

Make sure AppleHDA is patched based on vanilla AppleHDA that matches your version of OS X.

Looks like you have a mess with some bluetooth kexts....

Updating to 10.11.4 might be helpful. It is better to use an AppleHDA injector and Clover hotpatch so you don't to re-patch for each update.
I have updated to 10.11.4 and fixed the laptop audio, but the hdmi audio is still the same (high pitched and glitchy for a few seconds and then nothing)

I am not familiar with vanilla applehda, I just used an applehda from mirones collection that matched my codec and it worked. can you point me to where vanilla applehda's are?

I have also not heard about clover hot patching, so far I have just being doing dsdt/ssdt patching and installing kexts

I have updated to 10.11.4 and fixed the laptop audio, but the hdmi audio is still the same (high pitched and glitchy for a few seconds and then nothing)

I am not familiar with vanilla applehda, I just used an applehda from mirones collection that matched my codec and it worked. can you point me to where vanilla applehda's are?

I have also not heard about clover hot patching, so far I have just being doing dsdt/ssdt patching and installing kexts

Use Mirone's AppleHDA patcher to generate an AppleHDA injector (dummyHDA).

Hello RehabMan I did follow this guide to enable HDMI A/V on a Acer TravelMate P236-M.
I've applied the "Rename B0D3 to HDAU" patch successfully to my DSDT, then installed all the HDMI patches (I've used the ones found in your "config_HD5300_5500_5600_6000.plist", hopes these are OK) to Clover config.plist.

On reboot the laptop hangs after few lines in verbose mode. I cannot naturally go any further neither check my work.

Any suggestion? Could be the patched DSDT.
I've included my DSDT /config if needed.

Thanks

Attachments

• files.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 163
Hello RehabMan I did follow this guide to enable HDMI A/V on a Acer TravelMate P236-M.
I've applied the "Rename B0D3 to HDAU" patch successfully to my DSDT, then installed all the HDMI patches (I've used the ones found in your "config_HD5300_5500_5600_6000.plist", hopes these are OK) to Clover config.plist.

On reboot the laptop hangs after few lines in verbose mode. I cannot naturally go any further neither check my work.

Any suggestion? Could be the patched DSDT.
I've included my DSDT /config if needed.

Thanks

Renames must be applied equally across all files. You will likely need to apply the HDAU rename to SSDTs.

See guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Read it carefully. There is lots of other important information you seem to be ignoring (DropOem, SortedOrder, dynamic SSDTs, etc).

I finally solved the KP/hang on boot. The problem was DropOem not set to true in my config.plis, didn't realize that at once was false!!! So the SSDT clover was using was the original one with B0D3.
Now at least I can boot.
But still no luck. Sometimes at boot the HDMi video works but disconnecting and reconnecting the device I never get it back. No audio at all always.

I did my homeworks checking my work. But there are problems I do not know how to fix right now.
I do have a problem with hda-gfx. I do have "onboard-1" but having a Broadwell chipset it comes out under HDEF and not under HDAU/IGPU. While HDAU (patch from B0D3) is present.
Also my HDAU and HDEF do not show the very same values checking layout-id. There are very few different bytes but the two entries are not the same.
The rest of the constrains seems to be OK: porto to 0008, HDAU present and not B0D3, the 2 Fake kexts in SLE,

I've enabled in my config.plist the HDMI patch on one of the 0105 (the one with 0x16260006 due to the fact in my ig-platform-id is set to that value) since in AppleIntelFramebuffer@1 field "audio-codec-info" it is set at <00 01 05 00> . I did also have tried with 0105 and 0204 all/partial configs enabled with no different results.

Anyway I just included my zipped files.
What I'm missing/doing wrong this time?

Thanx

Attachments

• TravelMate P236M.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 154
What I'm missing/doing wrong this time?

No HDMI audio expected without hda-gfx injected as described in post #1. You have it on HDEF (where it is not required), but not IGPU and HDAU (where it is required).

Note also that ACPI is not patched correctly. Based on ACPI/origin, you should have in ACPI/patched:

DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (from ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-5.aml
SSDT-9.aml

One more time I need to bug you. I thought I was going to get this right without your help. Again this is about the Lenovo G50-70. No audio thought the HDMI port. I have sound however in the computer. I cannot find the audio layout in my IOreg. I struggle to get sound in the computer. You told me that the layout ID should be 28, so I used audio layout 3 and changed it to 28. I am including the files.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 176
  • Javier’s MacBook Pro.zip
    444.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Terminal Saved Output 2.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 147
  • Terminal Saved Output.zip
    995 bytes · Views: 138
One more time I need to bug you. I thought I was going to get this right without your help. Again this is about the Lenovo G50-70. No audio thought the HDMI port. I have sound however in the computer. I cannot find the audio layout in my IOreg. I struggle to get sound in the computer. You told me that the layout ID should be 28, so I used audio layout 3 and changed it to 28. I am including the files.

You have layout-id=12 (0x0c) on HDAU. Must match that on HDEF, which is 28 (0x1c). No HDMI device is connected. You have the 0105 port (Framebuffer@1) patched for HDMI, but not 0204 (Framebuffer@2)... I assume you already determined the 0105 port is the one attached to your HDMI. You will know more when you connect an HDMI monitor.

Thanks for your answer. You are correct, I connect through Framebuffer@1 (I follow your instructions to the coma). That part I got it. So how do I fix the layout-id on HDAU? And for my own education, how did you find out? I could not find the layout Id on the IOreg. Thanks again

Last edited:
Back