Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio (all Sandy Bridge -> Kaby Lake [and likely later])

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks for your reply, I am attaching the problem reporting files.
You are not injecting any properties to patch the connector-type for the HDMI connector.
Read post #1.

Motherboard
Clover
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Will try

Last edited:
Motherboard
Clover
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
You are not injecting any properties to patch the connector-type for the HDMI connector.
Read post #1.
Hello Rehabman
I followed the guide as it is .... and I had patched my MiniDP and HDMI both.
-Audio on both the devices work but only if hot-plugged.
-I have to disconnect and reconnect the cable after booting for the audio to work.
-And I cant swap between MiniDP and HDMI after booting with any one of the port (if I boot with HDMI port I can’t swith to MiniDP port and vice versa) I have to restart the system if I want to switch between HDMI and MiniDP

Just want to know if this is normal... if not do you want to me to post the current problem reporting files. Thanks for your help....

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello Rehabman
I followed the guide as it is .... and I had patched my MiniDP and HDMI both.
-Audio on both the devices work but only if hot-plugged.
-I have to disconnect and reconnect the cable after booting for the audio to work.
-And I cant swap between MiniDP and HDMI after booting with any one of the port (if I boot with HDMI port I can’t swith to MiniDP port and vice versa) I have to restart the system if I want to switch between HDMI and MiniDP

Just want to know if this is normal... if not do you want to me to post the current problem reporting files. Thanks for your help....
Problems when you are not hotplugging are typical.

Motherboard
Dell 7577- Bios 1.6.
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD630 + GTX 1050 Ti

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell 7577- Bios 1.6.
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD630 + GTX 1050 Ti
Problems when you are not hotplugging are typical.
Hi, Rehabman. hdmi output connected to intel HD630. But I can't get hdmi output. hdmi does not respond. But it works in Windows. Would you please help? thanks
dell 7577 gamer laptop
7700Hq
1050ti and HD630

Attachments

Motherboard
Acer Spin 5 (Clover)
CPU
i7-8550U (KBL-R)
Graphics
Intel UHD 620
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi,

I have been hackintoshing my new laptop and it's been so far so good, thanks to all guides. I have my IGPU and the Audio workings flawlessly. Only issue is the HDMI. I have followed this guide and I have tried differents things but everytime that I'm plugging the HDMI cable, my laptop reboots. I have try :
- with and without the framebuffer-conX-pipe (in my case, con1 and con2)
- with and without the framebuffer-conX-type
- with and without the flag "-igfxnohdmi"

I don't really like to ask help but I'm stuck on this case because I have no more ideas to test.

Have anyone an idea/solution for it ? Thanks !

EDIT : NEVERMIND, I FOUND OUT ! I have try a new ig-platform-id (5916 instead of 591B) and it works. I think I will create a guide because I'm nearly close to achieve the 99,99% compatibility with it. Just to find out the brightness keys but it will be tough because F3/F4 keys doesn't generate nor PS2 nor ACPI/EC events.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Acer F5 - 573G - Clover
CPU
I5-6200M
Graphics
HD 520 / GTX 940Mx - 1366x768
Hello!

I'm trying again to make a macOS install on my laptop (Acer F5-573G), this time with Mojave. So far, almost everything is working (Audio, Wi-fi and Ethernet, Elan touchpad, Brightness and Volume Keys, HDMI image, etc), but I have a strange issue with HDMI audio that's not working. Before I connect the external monitor, the connector-type in IOReg shows as "00 08 00 00", but when I connect the HDMI, it changes to "00 04 00 00", and audio does not work.

I don't know how to solve this, since everything appears to be OK to me, so any help is appreciated.

Sorry for my bad English.

Here's the files as ZIP and also 2 screenshots, one before and other after I plug the HDMI cord.

Thanks!

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, Rehabman. hdmi output connected to intel HD630. But I can't get hdmi output. hdmi does not respond. But it works in Windows. Would you please help? thanks
dell 7577 gamer laptop
7700Hq
1050ti and HD630
Maybe your HDMI is directly connected to the Nvidia device.
Check in Windows.