Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio (all Sandy Bridge -> Kaby Lake [and likely later])

As per guide, "hda-gfx" must be injected on HDEF and IGPU. You have it only on IGPU.
Read post #1.
I did that but the problem remain. AppleIntelFrameBuffer goes back to DP when HDMI is connected and no HDMI audio. Can you help me?

Attachments

• Problem.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 84
I dont see B0D3 under PCI0@0. Is there something wrong? I'm running a 5500u.

[SOLVED] Hi, I need help, when I connect samsung display to hdmi @1 then the connector-type change from 0008 to 0004. I can't find frame buffer patch for HD520 from Rehabman's config plist repo so I used audio_cloverHDMI.command of toleda to generate the patch. Thank for any help. :'(
--------------------------------
I forgot to add "hda-gfx" = "onboard-1" on IGPU :D Problem solved.

Attachments

• problemReporting.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  • Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 10.05.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 10.05.08 AM.png
    211.4 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Is there a DP to HDMI patch for HD 620 yet?
I scoured your repo but there's absolutely nothing for 0x59160000 ig-platform-id.

I also can't find any information on how to make the patch myself, and the audio_cloverHDMI script doesn't work

Hi !
I use framebuffer patch to enable hdmi audio on my hdmi out, but wen I plugget display port cable to first video output I loosing audio and video, and when I booting hackintosh with plugget two cable ( hdmi and display port ) it booting normal but after few second display black out ( over DP port ) ?
Is possible under intel hd630 setup with two active dp/hdmi audio output ?
Or its work only for one ( in my case second DP 0x6 ) hdmi out ?.
BTW I can botting with two cable plugget but without framebuffer patch so no audio and no video accelleration :evil:.

Attachments

• debug_7434.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 83
  • config(1).plist
    12.4 KB · Views: 205
Is there a DP to HDMI patch for HD 620 yet?
I scoured your repo but there's absolutely nothing for 0x59160000 ig-platform-id.

I also can't find any information on how to make the patch myself, and the audio_cloverHDMI script doesn't work

Basic process:
- determine the ig-platform-id you're using from ioreg
- determine the framebuffer connector within that your HDMI is connected to
- look at ig-platform-id in the framebuffer kext binary in a hex editor
- create patch to change connector type from <00 04 00 00> to <00 08 00 00>

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi !
I use framebuffer patch to enable hdmi audio on my hdmi out, but wen I plugget display port cable to first video output I loosing audio and video, and when I booting hackintosh with plugget two cable ( hdmi and display port ) it booting normal but after few second display black out ( over DP port ) ?
Is possible under intel hd630 setup with two active dp/hdmi audio output ?
Or its work only for one ( in my case second DP 0x6 ) hdmi out ?.
BTW I can botting with two cable plugget but without framebuffer patch so no audio and no video accelleration :evil:.

Read here regarding display override/EDID as related to Skylake/KabyLake sleep issue:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

Basic process:
- determine the ig-platform-id you're using from ioreg
- determine the framebuffer connector within that your HDMI is connected to
- look at ig-platform-id in the framebuffer kext binary in a hex editor
- create patch to change connector type from <00 04 00 00> to <00 08 00 00>

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

- I'm using 0x59160000 designated in Clover since it's an HD620 system. 0x591b000000 causes a restart on connecting an external monitor. This displays in IOReg as <00 00 16 59> for whatever reason, but all functions aside from HDMI audio work correctly with this.
- It's connected to @1
- Did that, and found <00 00 16 59> at offset 937672 in AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext
- At 937732 there is <01 05 09 00 00 04 00 00>
- I wrote a patch in Clover to replace <01 05 09 00 00 00 04 00 00 87 01 00 00> with <01 05 09 00 00 00 08 00 00 87 01 00 00> in com.apple.driver.AppleKBLGraphicsFramebuffer

Now this is where it gets weird.
The patch takes effect correctly, and on boot @1 shows <00 08 00 00> as expected.
However, after I connect the HDMI cable to my TV, it changes back to <00 04 00 00>. Booting with the HDMI cable connected produces the same results, it stays on <00 04 00 00>

I've attached my config.plist as well as two IOReg files - One before I connect the HDMI cable, and one after.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm at a sticking point now. Every other piece seems to be in place, but i've still got no audio and this definitely seems wrong.

Thanks

As an aside, you might want to mention a couple of things you've said here in your guide, such as which kext you should be looking in with the hex editor, where the values you're talking about are relative to the ig-platform-id, that the ig-platform-id is flipped compared to what you set in clover (12345678 is 78563412) etc, and how to implement the value patch in clover yourself. The guide simply states to use the premade config file for your platform, but since some platforms don't have this information, it's extremely unclear.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5 KB · Views: 263
  • Fresh Boot IOReg.zip
    537.3 KB · Views: 94
  • HDMI Connected IOReg.zip
    542.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Back