Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio (all Sandy Bridge -> Kaby Lake [and likely later])

I was looking for info on how to add irqs to HPET, but not how to solve the problem. I don´t know how it works. In dsdt i have this:
Device (HPET)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0103")) // _HID: Hardware ID
Name (_UID, Zero) // _UID: Unique ID
Name (BUF0, ResourceTemplate ()
{
IRQNoFlags ()
{0}
IRQNoFlags ()
{8}
IRQNoFlags ()
{11}
IRQNoFlags ()
{15}
Memory32Fixed (ReadWrite,
0xFED00000, // Address Base
0x00000400, // Address Length
)
})
Name (_STA, 0x0F) // _STA: Status
Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized) // _CRS: Current Resource Settings
{
Return (BUF0)
}
}
In ioreg IOService: / AppleACPIPlatformExpert / HPET see IOInterruptSpecifiers 2, 8, 11, 15, are that the irqs? What I can do?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Excuse me, attached files

Attachments

• FILES 3.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 104
Excuse me, attached files

Your _OFF method is manipulating the EC, but you didn't move the EC related code to _REG. I'm not sure that is related, but it is probably not a good thing.

USB also appears to be not implemented correctly (plan on custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext).

This ioreg shows no HDMI device connected.

Hi, i need help

i want to enable HDMI audio, but i cannot inject my DSDT to have a "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" on IGPU and HDAU
it won't boot and gives me a garbled screen forbidden sign on boot

it also happen when i implement rename GFX0 to IGPU and B0D3 to HDAU patch with your DSDT patch (for this, i already managed it with clover hotpatch)

here's my files to check

Thanks

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 110
Hi, i need help

i want to enable HDMI audio, but i cannot inject my DSDT to have a "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" on IGPU and HDAU
it won't boot and gives me a garbled screen forbidden sign on boot

it also happen when i implement rename GFX0 to IGPU and B0D3 to HDAU patch with your DSDT patch (for this, i already managed it with clover hotpatch)

here's my files to check

Thanks

You will need to patch ACPI. Use the "Rename B0D3 to HDAU" patch.

You will need to patch ACPI. Use the "Rename B0D3 to HDAU" patch.

Yes, this is what I did. Patch my ACPI with your "Rename B0D3 to HDAU" patch
But then I got garbled screen and forbidden sign on boot

So I rename my B0D3 to HDAU with a clover hotpatch, and it works. You can see it in my ioreg
But the next problem is how to inject hda-gfx?

Yes, this is what I did. Patch my ACPI with your "Rename B0D3 to HDAU" patch
But then I got garbled screen and forbidden sign on boot

Renames must be applied equally across all DSDT/SSDTs that reference the symbol.
Don't forget about DropOem=true and SortedOrder.

Your _OFF method is manipulating the EC, but you didn't move the EC related code to _REG. I'm not sure that is related, but it is probably not a good thing.

USB also appears to be not implemented correctly (plan on custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext).

This ioreg shows no HDMI device connected.

Hi RehabMan!

I have a problem with the audio. Sometimes when connecting or disconnecting the headphone jack does not switch the audio output and the audio is locked. At that time if I restart the laptop does not detect the sound card on mac or windows. And if instead of off, I put it to sleep and start the audio works. Incidentally, the HDMI audio output works, even if the audio breaks. I have corrected the injeccion USB, and left only the port that I use, I tested the USB 3.0 properly. In the case of disabling nvidia card, I moved the code that modifies the EC to _REG. Deputy files to see if you can help me, thank you very much!

Attachments

• FILES.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 97
Hi RehabMan!

I have a problem with the audio. Sometimes when connecting or disconnecting the headphone jack does not switch the audio output and the audio is locked. At that time if I restart the laptop does not detect the sound card on mac or windows. And if instead of off, I put it to sleep and start the audio works. Incidentally, the HDMI audio output works, even if the audio breaks. I have corrected the injeccion USB, and left only the port that I use, I tested the USB 3.0 properly. In the case of disabling nvidia card, I moved the code that modifies the EC to _REG. Deputy files to see if you can help me, thank you very much!

Off-topic -- this thread only for HDMI/DP audio. Open a separate thread.

hi. I have laptop with hd 5500 and 2 port for outputing display, hdmi port and d-sub port. And I want to output to my old monitor AOC 931wx that only have d-sub and dvi-d port.
I succeeded output to hdmi (full resolution) with converter d-sub to hdmi. but when I connect to d-sub port on my laptop, my ext monitor can output but with limited resolution (1280x1024) despite full resolution (1680x1050).
I don't want to use converter for long term use because I read that it can damage my laptop if use continuously.
Can I connect to d-sub with full resolution? thank you.
My laptop is Asus a455lb i3 5010u with 10.11.6 installed.

Back