Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio (all Sandy Bridge -> Kaby Lake [and likely later])

i enable "HDMI-audio, port 0204, 0x0a260005 0x0a260006" like your #1 post and i see at ioreg my (framebuffer@2) before patching for HDMI-audio, the connector-type for AppleIntelFramebuffer@2 is <00 04 00 00>. After patching, it will change to <00 08 00 00>. when i plug my HDMI cable, my screen just goes black and need to force shutdown.
I don't know what's wrong now.... can u please check my files? thanks

Perhaps you didn't patch the connector that is actually being used (your monitor may be connecting to 0105).

Also, read post #1, "Checking your work".

Perhaps you didn't patch the connector that is actually being used (your monitor may be connecting to 0105).

Also, read post #1, "Checking your work".

ok it's 0105, thanks in advance :)

You have a lot of mess in your files... for example different layout-ids are being injected in HDAU vs HDEF.

how can i know i've injected different layout-ids ? and what messed? how can i manage the mess? thank you

how can i know i've injected different layout-ids ? and what messed? how can i manage the mess? thank you

Read post #1, "Checking your work".

You're injecting layout-id=3 (0x03) in HDEF, layout-id=12 (0x0c) in HDAU.

Hi Rehabman!

After many nights without sleep, i don´t get the desired results. The audio i worked correctly, but if implement hdmi audio, at the beginning seems to work, but after breaks. Once i reboot i haven´t audio devices, including windows, sound card disappears. Upload files to see if you can help me.

Thank´s for four work!

Attachments

• FILES.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 94
Hi Rehabman!

After many nights without sleep, i don´t get the desired results. The audio i worked correctly, but if implement hdmi audio, at the beginning seems to work, but after breaks. Once i reboot i haven´t audio devices, including windows, sound card disappears. Upload files to see if you can help me.

Thank´s for four work!

ACPI is not patched correctly. Based on ACPI/origin, you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (from ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-8.aml

Also, your IRQ configuration is pretty strange... for some reason no IRQs assigned to HPET. Could be an issue...

Then i remove the dsdt marked with x in the Acpi/Patched folder and fix SortedOrder in config.plist Clover.

I disassembled the tables excluding repeated SSDT, patch all over again, but the little time to start the audio breaks. I not know what else I can check. IRQ configuration?

Attachments

• FILES 2.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 77
I disassembled the tables excluding repeated SSDT, patch all over again, but the little time to start the audio breaks. I not know what else I can check. IRQ configuration?

You should look into what "IRQ Fix" actually does... Adding the IRQs to HPET may help.

I was looking for info on how to add irqs to HPET, but not how to solve the problem. I don´t know how it works. In dsdt i have this:
Device (HPET)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0103")) // _HID: Hardware ID
Name (_UID, Zero) // _UID: Unique ID
Name (BUF0, ResourceTemplate ()
{
IRQNoFlags ()
{0}
IRQNoFlags ()
{8}
IRQNoFlags ()
{11}
IRQNoFlags ()
{15}
Memory32Fixed (ReadWrite,
0xFED00000, // Address Base
0x00000400, // Address Length
)
})
Name (_STA, 0x0F) // _STA: Status
Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized) // _CRS: Current Resource Settings
{
Return (BUF0)
}
}
In ioreg IOService: / AppleACPIPlatformExpert / HPET see IOInterruptSpecifiers 2, 8, 11, 15, are that the irqs? What I can do?

Back