Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Intel HD Graphics 5500 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done this and still am having problems getting the graphics to be recognized working solely from the EFI/Clover/config.plist. I have followed several posts advice on here with clean installs in between.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

I read whole post now i made usb with MBR with Fat32 formatted but somehow I am unable to boot , whenever I select boot with USB a splash screen occur and it back to same screen. i have no idea.

thanks

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.
With the help of a friend i have got it working, very strangely, after changing the DVMT variables in the bios to the recommended 0x3, it wouldn't boot even after 5 attempts, so i changed them back to the default values and it booted with injectIntel first time! Any ideas why this happened?

It now works almost flawlessly, this is Sierra on an xps 13 QHD+. I have sound, Bluetooth, webcam,touch, brightness control, sleep on screen close. I used your brcm kexts and the prefpane for touchpad works too, albeit slightly intermittently (sometimes it doesn't appear and i have two touchpad icons in system preferences). And I sometimes the cursor resets to screen centre but i can live with that!

Thanks for all the help and hard work you put into the kexts :D

I read whole post now i made usb with MBR with Fat32 formatted but somehow I am unable to boot , whenever I select boot with USB a splash screen occur and it back to same screen. i have no idea.

thanks

Make sure the UEFI shell is placed at EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi.
Placing it at BOOT/BOOTX64.efi is wrong.

I tried and somehow I am able to boot it but I am getting error
"Can't set variable using efi (error: 0x0(15 times)8)"

You didn't provide any information on what you're doing.
Also post IFR extract.

Attachments

• dvmt.png
    dvmt.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 184

Attach entire IFR text.
You didn't explain what you're doing.
Use an image of the commands you're typing and the result.
I will not attempt to guess what you're doing.

Attach entire IFR text.
You didn't explain what you're doing.
Use an image of the commands you're typing and the result.
I will not attempt to guess what you're doing.
I want to modify DVMT value to 96 MB (0x0) to (0x3) so i can run hackintosh correctly but there is issue when I boot in EFI shell there is an issue which I post on #894
"Can't set variable using efi (error: 0x0(15 times)8)"
but I am unable to do it.
I am attaching my IFR.txt so you can help me.

Attachments

• b1.txt
    1 MB · Views: 670
I want to modify DVMT value to 96 MB (0x0) to (0x3) so i can run hackintosh correctly but there is issue when I boot in EFI shell there is an issue which I post on #894

but I am unable to do it.
I am attaching my IFR.txt so you can help me.

You didn't provide anything showing the command you're entering in the UEFI shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back