Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Intel HD Graphics 5500 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the FAQ carefully.

Hi again, i have flashed bios several times. Versions F42-F36-F34-F33 the last one available, the same error on all BIOSes!
Still cannot patch DVMT((

Then you'll need to resort to the BDW patch.

Do you mean framebuffer patch? Where to find detailed faq?

I mean this-
STEP 2.1: Apply the patch to pass the Stolen Memory assertion.

We need to patch AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer binary file. - where is this file?
Find 39CF763C and replace it with 39CF773C.

After using this patch, in theory you don't have to change your BIOS settings.
You can try to inject ig-platform-id and see what happens. - inject in config.plist?

If you encounter some problems, try to modify Framebuffer data in AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer binary.

Its not very informative(

I mean this-
STEP 2.1: Apply the patch to pass the Stolen Memory assertion.

We need to patch AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer binary file. - where is this file?
Find 39CF763C and replace it with 39CF773C.

That patch can be accomplished with Clover's config.plist (KextsToPatch).

After using this patch, in theory you don't have to change your BIOS settings.
You can try to inject ig-platform-id and see what happens. - inject in config.plist?

Yes.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

If you encounter some problems, try to modify Framebuffer data in AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer binary.

Its not very informative(

Modifying framebuffer data is advanced stuff and not usually required to boot the installer. You can learn about that later.

So I should edit just config.plist file?

I have tried installing Efi Shell on my thumb drive, but it is not found in BIOS. I have disabled secure-boot, enabled legacy boot, etc and it still is not visible. My laptop is Dell XPS 13 9343 late 2015. Is there anything that could be used to fix this?

How can I enable them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back