Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

Ah, just spent a chunk of time banging my head. ha. yeah, it wouldn't boot :)

I took the pciroot from your config and put it in my working config.plist attached. Will see how we go.

If you think it is possible to make an ASRock EFI, that'd be great. Cheers!

Attachments

• debug_3773.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 50
I took a look at a working Asrock EFI and it seems really different from my Gigabyte. I'm not sure where to start. But it looks like you patched the framebuffers correctly. Maybe because the patch is for a different model and Asrock might be pickier than the Gigabyte. Good luck!

It should be 64MB by default in Haswell systems. You can open bios file in AMIBCP program and have a look inside hidden Advanced settings.
I've just tried the changes you suggested, but I might be doing something wrong. Could you please check my clover folder if i'm following your instruction alright?

I've managed to boot legacy then use the config.plist in the attached clover folder. I think it's getting worse. I can't take picture because my screen just flicker and not displaying anything. I'm attaching 2 seconds video instead.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 76
  • two_second_video.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 55
I've just tried the changes you suggested, but I might be doing something wrong. Could you please check my clover folder if i'm following your instruction alright?

I've managed to boot legacy then use the config.plist in the attached clover folder. I think it's getting worse. I can't take picture because my screen just flicker and not displaying anything. I'm attaching 2 seconds video instead.
Try this.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 60
Try this.
Thank you so much for getting back super quick.

I've added HfsPlusLegacy.efi file in the drivers folder as it wasn't showing my hackintosh partition when i boot legacy. So after i boot legacy with the clover zip you attached plus the HfsPlusLegacy.efi, my boot stuck in this step (attached) for more than half an hour. It's not showing kext stall error or any error really. I'm puzzled

Attachments

• 20200614_190705.jpg
    20200614_190705.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 56
Thank you so much for getting back super quick.

I've added HfsPlusLegacy.efi file in the drivers folder as it wasn't showing my hackintosh partition when i boot legacy. So after i boot legacy with the clover zip you attached plus the HfsPlusLegacy.efi, my boot stuck in this step (attached) for more than half an hour. It's not showing kext stall error or any error really. I'm puzzled
Why do you need HFSPlusLegacy instead of HFSPlus? What MacOS you booting? Get me a backup of you bios with universal bios backup 2.

Update. It seams legacy boot is different to Uefi with CSM which should be by default for Haswell. Here is the link of a guy booting your laptop in Legacy mode with GPT converted to MBR. Best option for you would be bios unlocking.

Last edited:
Why do you need HFSPlusLegacy instead of HFSPlus? What MacOS you booting? Get me a backup of you bios with universal bios backup 2.

Update. It seams legacy boot is different to Uefi with CSM which should be by default for Haswell. Here is the link of a guy booting your laptop in Legacy mode with GPT converted to MBR. Best option for you would be bios unlocking.
Even when I have HFSPlus.efi i still can't see my hackintosh partition when clover load. I'll need to install windows to be able to run universal bios backup 2. at the moment it's only mac installed. i'll do that hopefully in 3 or 4 days time, apology for the delay; given how much you've help me this far.

I've seen that post from googling. I don't dare to put any external links in this forum because i'm afraid of breaking rule. I'm even considering to use chameleon bootloader to see if that would get my system running mac os with graphic support.

I'm booting MacOS catalina 10.15.4. Am i being too ambitious to get latest version? I have downloaded high sierra and mojave installer on my other hackintosh machine if you reckon i'll get luckier with older version of mac os.

update: clearly i've never use universal bios backup 2, is it available in mac os? do you know any guide in unlocking bios? i've never done that as well but i'll be more than happy to try.

Hello, I'm trying to put together a New Hackintosh with a I5 6500 (Skylake), Asus h110m-d and Intel HD 530 (I had been using a 775 build since leopard) and Catalina 10.5.5, I found the way to enable hardware acceleration adding this and disabling everything else as this guide suggest:

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 13.08.53.png

The system recognises it like this:
Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 13.16.52.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 13.22.33.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 14.08.31.png

But I still have issues with sleep (the system hangs when it goes to sleep or turn off screen), it is only working with HDMI port (VGA doesn't work) and shows 1536MB of VRAM while the max of my Motherboard is 1GB. I would Like in the future to enable dual monitors.

Hackintool sometimes shows ports 0, 1, 2 and -1, and sometimes just 0,1,-1,-1:

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 13.18.09.png

I had tried to replicate this, without understanding well what it means and if I'm converting well from hex to data (I don't have the required knowledge) but without success (black screen at boot)

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 13.14.55.png

I used for AAPL,ig-platform-id 00001219 (Reverting 19120000, I don't know if its ok), which translates to <data>AAASGQ==</data>.

My gfxutil output is: 00:02.0 8086:1912 /PCI0@0/IGPU@2 = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)

and I tried as integer also:
<key>Properties</key>
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id </key>
<data>AAASGQ==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>framebuffer-con2-index</key>
<integer>-1</integer>
<key>framebuffer-fbmem</key>
<integer>1073741824</integer>
<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>framebuffer-pipecount</key>
<integer>2</integer>
<key>framebuffer-portcount</key>
<integer>2</integer>
</dict>
</dict>

Everything I put in Properties ends with a restart

I attached my config.plist. My loaded kexts are following:
Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 15.37.24.png

I will appreciate any help.

Regards

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Hello, I'm trying to put together a New Hackintosh with a I5 6500 (Skylake), Asus h110m-d and Intel HD 530 (I had been using a 775 build since leopard) and Catalina 10.5.5, I found the way to enable hardware acceleration adding this and disabling everything else as this guide suggest:

View attachment 476297

The system recognises it like this:
View attachment 476298
View attachment 476301
View attachment 476305

But I still have issues with sleep (the system hangs when it goes to sleep or turn off screen), it is only working with HDMI port (VGA doesn't work) and shows 1536MB of VRAM while the max of my Motherboard is 1GB. I would Like in the future to enable dual monitors.

Hackintool sometimes shows ports 0, 1, 2 and -1, and sometimes just 0,1,-1,-1:

View attachment 476299

I had tried to replicate this, without understanding well what it means and if I'm converting well from hex to data (I don't have the required knowledge) but without success (black screen at boot)

View attachment 476300

I used for AAPL,ig-platform-id 00001219 (Reverting 19120000, I don't know if its ok), which translates to <data>AAASGQ==</data>.

My gfxutil output is: 00:02.0 8086:1912 /PCI0@0/IGPU@2 = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)

and I tried as integer also:
<key>Properties</key>
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id </key>
<data>AAASGQ==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>framebuffer-con2-index</key>
<integer>-1</integer>
<key>framebuffer-fbmem</key>
<integer>1073741824</integer>
<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>framebuffer-pipecount</key>
<integer>2</integer>
<key>framebuffer-portcount</key>
<integer>2</integer>
</dict>
</dict>

Everything I put in Properties ends with a restart

I attached my config.plist. My loaded kexts are following:
View attachment 476377
I will appreciate any help.

Regards

This is how your connectors' patch should look like in PlistEditor.
Screenshot 2020-06-15 at 23.03.58.png

Last edited:
Even when I have HFSPlus.efi i still can't see my hackintosh partition when clover load. I'll need to install windows to be able to run universal bios backup 2. at the moment it's only mac installed. i'll do that hopefully in 3 or 4 days time, apology for the delay; given how much you've help me this far.

I've seen that post from googling. I don't dare to put any external links in this forum because i'm afraid of breaking rule. I'm even considering to use chameleon bootloader to see if that would get my system running mac os with graphic support.

I'm booting MacOS catalina 10.15.4. Am i being too ambitious to get latest version? I have downloaded high sierra and mojave installer on my other hackintosh machine if you reckon i'll get luckier with older version of mac os.

update: clearly i've never use universal bios backup 2, is it available in mac os? do you know any guide in unlocking bios? i've never done that as well but i'll be more than happy to try.
I do not have experience with legacy hackintosh. It seems you need to change few more setting in Clover config. More your drivers from drivers/Uefi into drivers/Bios if you have not done so already. You would get more luck with Mojave.

Universal Bios Backup for Windows only.

Please get me factory bios image from Sony's support page for now.

Back