Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

have you tried legacy support enabled secure boot disabled in your bios

have you tried legacy support enabled secure boot disabled in your bios
Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding, bios option CSM is legacy support enabled. I don't have such option.

What my bios option has is to switch legacy boot instead of UEFI. but that means i have to reformat my whole drive and re install mac OS in MBR partition table. but is that even possible? i thought mac can only be installed in GPT partition table?

Compatibility Support Module[edit]
The Compatibility Support Module (CSM) is a component of the UEFI firmware that provides legacy BIOS compatibility by emulating a BIOS environment, allowing legacy operating systems and some option ROMs that do not support UEFI to still be used.[48]

Compatibility Support Module[edit]
The Compatibility Support Module (CSM) is a component of the UEFI firmware that provides legacy BIOS compatibility by emulating a BIOS environment, allowing legacy operating systems and some option ROMs that do not support UEFI to still be used.[48]
this is the only option i have in my bios in terms of booting option. if i switch to legacy i won't be able to boot to clover in my ssd as it's installed as only UEFI boot.

unfortunately i don't have option to enable legacy support then boot UEFI at the same time. am i making sense? again, sorry I'm new and inexperienced.

Attachments

• 20200608_195518.jpg
    20200608_195518.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 42
this is the only option i have in my bios in terms of booting option. if i switch to legacy i won't be able to boot to clover in my ssd as it's installed as only UEFI boot.

unfortunately i don't have option to enable legacy support then boot UEFI at the same time. am i making sense? again, sorry I'm new and inexperienced.
Hi. Legacy gonna be CSM in your case. MacbookPro is a bad choice, use MacBookAir6,2. You can use my Clover folder for my Asus for your reference from my Signature.

From my Clover folder
Do not use :
1. SSDT-EC.aml and any patches for EC
2. DSDT.AML you do not need to patch yours for now (only needed for battery patch if not working OOB)
3. Do not use any other patched ACPI tables.
4. SSDT-EHCoff.aml this one disables usb2.0. I have not got any.
5. USBPorts.kext cause this is there my USB 3.0 configured use USBInjectAll.kext and might be XHCI-unsupported.kext

Can use SSDT-CpuPm, but change settings like in my original config. And drop SSDT-2-VAIO.aml, SSDT-3-VAIO.aml and SSDT-4-VAIO.aml
<key>PluginType</key>
<false/>

Bios settings:

Advanced:
Internal Pointing Device: Enabled
Intel Virtualization Technology : Enabled
Wake on Lid open:Enabled
Power off energy saving: Enabled
Intel AES-NI: Disabled
SATA mode selection :AHCI

Graphics Configuration:
DVMT Pre-Allocated :64M

USB Configuration:
Legacy USB: Enables
xHCI Pre-Boot Mode: Smart Auto

Boot Configuration:

Launch CSM: Enabled
Secure Boot: Disabled

Last edited:
Hi. Legacy gonna be CSM in your case. MacbookPro is a bad choice, use MacBookAir6,2. You can use my Clover folder for my Asus for your reference from my Signature.

From my Clover folder
Do not use :
1. SSDT-EC.aml and any patches for EC
2. DSDT.AML you do not need to patch yours for now (only needed for battery patch if not working OOB)
3. Do not use any other patched ACPI tables.
4. SSDT-EHCoff.aml this one disables usb2.0. I have not got any.
5. USBPorts.kext cause this is there my USB 3.0 configured use USBInjectAll.kext and might be XHCI-unsupported.kext

Can use SSDT-CpuPm, but change settings like in my original config. And drop SSDT-2-VAIO.aml, SSDT-3-VAIO.aml and SSDT-4-VAIO.aml
<key>PluginType</key>
<false/>

Bios settings:

Advanced:
Internal Pointing Device: Enabled
Intel Virtualization Technology : Enabled
Wake on Lid open:Enabled
Power off energy saving: Enabled
Intel AES-NI: Disabled
SATA mode selection :AHCI

Graphics Configuration:
DVMT Pre-Allocated :64M

USB Configuration:
Legacy USB: Enables
xHCI Pre-Boot Mode: Smart Auto

Boot Configuration:

Launch CSM: Enabled
Secure Boot: Disabled
wow thank you for such detailed instructions!! i really appreciate your effort in writing them. I'll try it when i got chance and report the result.

one thing i notice is that i don't have option is to set DVMT pre allocated from bios. I'll have to do that via config.plist in device properties.

wow thank you for such detailed instructions!! i really appreciate your effort in writing them. I'll try it when i got chance and report the result.

one thing i notice is that i don't have option is to set DVMT pre allocated from bios. I'll have to do that via config.plist in device properties.
It should be 64MB by default in Haswell systems. You can open bios file in AMIBCP program and have a look inside hidden Advanced settings.

Looking for some assistance. I switched from iMacPro1,1 to iMac19,1 in order to use sidecar. Since there I have issues with random black screen that can't be woken from. Sleep is disabled.

I have tried patching frame buffer in different ways, with the same result. Can someone look at my config and offer some advice?

thanks

Attachments

• debug_6405.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 58
I have a similar rig as yours. I just used pastrychef's and modified it a bit including patching the framebuffers, and mine worked.

I made a modified version for you. I applied the patch. I also changed out his USB Ports with the USBInjectAll, and the patches. Then he uses OCQuirks for the Aptiomemoryfix. I changed that for yours.

Try this and see if it gets your further.

Looking for some assistance. I switched from iMacPro1,1 to iMac19,1 in order to use sidecar. Since there I have issues with random black screen that can't be woken from. Sleep is disabled.

I have tried patching frame buffer in different ways, with the same result. Can someone look at my config and offer some advice?

thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.2 MB · Views: 79
Oops - I forgot you’re using the Asrock. That EFI will only work on a Gigabyte

I’ll give it another shot in the morning

I have a similar rig as yours. I just used pastrychef's and modified it a bit including patching the framebuffers, and mine worked.

I made a modified version for you. I applied the patch. I also changed out his USB Ports with the USBInjectAll, and the patches. Then he uses OCQuirks for the Aptiomemoryfix. I changed that for yours.

Try this and see if it gets your further.

Back