Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

Hi everyone,

I'm desperatly needing help to properly configure my graphics. I want to use both my rx580 and intel hd 4000 to be able to activate quicksync ! The issue is that my intel part is not recognized even when i inject th id platforms ! my 4k monitor is plugged on my rx580 and i was wondering if i can still activate the intel part without putting the igx as primary gpu !

Thanks for your help !

Hi all,

I have a similar issue to one reported by @lukeylad118.

I have a UHD630 on an ASUS UX580GE that work as it should when I have only the internal screen connected. When I connect an external screen via USB3 DisplayPort the internal port get shutdown when framebuffer is initialized and if I close the lid, wait for a few seconds, till the password appears on external screen, and reopen it the image appears also on internal screen an it works as it should.

I've checked from remote if the systems sees the screens when the internal is off and external is on and they are there as they should be (see the attached screenshot).

I got the same behavior with Whatevergreen 1.3.7 and 1.3.8

For sure I miss some parameters that Whatevergreen needs but I fail to find them anywhere in documentation or in forum posts.

Any hints are welcome.

Thank you all for your support of this beautiful community.

I've mentioned on my own thread I sometimes need to plug in my second monitor once the system is logged in. Not that much of a problem for me while I wait for updates to Whatevergreen that will hopefully fix the issue but I imagine it's probably more annoying for people with larger system cases.

Sorry it's not a fix for your issue but if it has the same effect on your machine and you're plugging in via thunderbolt, it might be a good solution for you at the moment.

Hello.

I have integrated UHD 630 graphics. All works properly. Only one issue. When my system wake up after sleep (or display only wake up), I need reconnect HDMI cable to see the image (or off/on display).

WhateverGreen and Lilu already installed.

Can anyone help me please?

I have integrated UHD 630 graphics. All works properly. Only one issue. When my system wake up after sleep (or display only wake up), I need reconnect HDMI cable to see the image (or off/on display).

@pozitiffcat,

First make sure you have patched the framebuffer so that the defined IGPU connectors match the physical monitor connections on your motherboard, see @CaseySJ's excellent guide on the subject for more info :-

However, even with correctly defined IGPU connectors, if you search the forums here you will find that this is quite a common issue when using HDMI driven off a IGPU.

Newer versions of MacOs (Mojave, Catalina) appear to be optimised for Display Port and many users have been able to resolve the issue by switching to Display Port for monitor connections so that might be something else you could try.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Newer versions of MacOs (Mojave, Catalina) appear to be optimised for Display Port and many users have been able to resolve the issue by switching to Display Port for monitor connections so that might be something else you could try.
I don't have a display port, only HDMI. I applied DP to HDMI type patches to my coffeelake UHD graphics, but issue not resolved. I already have graphics acceleration, all works fine. Only one trouble I need reconnect HDMI cable after wake up the system.

Last edited:
I have such an issue on B360 UHD630, i am using dp to hdmi cable , but the dp ports are labeled as hdmi according to linux.. if the monitor is hdmi does that make the gpu/mobo relabel is as such?

Hello everyone
I have a minipc, booted using opencore
CPU is i5 4258u
Motherboard four haswell-utl
Sound card ALC892
Two HDMI video output interfaces
I want to use WEG patching to drive the graphics card, but my method of using framebuffer is not successful.
Following is my test
0x0A260006
0x0A2E0008
0x0A16000C
0x0D260007 Can enter desktop 7M
0x0D260009
0x0D26000E
0x0D26000F
Only 0D260007 can enter the desktop (azul and 5000 is loaded, 7M), others can only be viewed through VNC.
I think it is the cause of the graphics card's output interface, but my pc only has an hdmi interface, so I tried to customize the patch using WEG, but it was not successful, and there was too little information in this regard.

Attachment I provided detailed content, please help to view.
Thank you so much for your help. Thank you.
Can no one help me?

RX 580 and Intel HD 530 here with a Gigabyte Z170x gaming 7 motherboard on 10.15.4.

I've tried all the different SMBIOS recommendations but I can't get intel graphics to show up in the system properties.

My biggest aim of getting intel graphics to support the AMD graphics is so that I can get Sidecar to work properly. I can connect but then I just get a black screen. Interestingly enough, Apple Pencil input is detected on the iPad; there's just nothing being displayed to it. I've tried over USB as well but that has the exact same issue.

If anyone could look at my EFI or Config to see what's up, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 62
  • config.plist
    8 KB · Views: 97
@SiphoMandle

Make sure the ig-platform-id you're currently using is the one for your 530 (check with Hackintool).

You should also enable Inject Intel for it to work.

Back