Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

Hi all,

I wonder if I could get some assistance with my setup.
I have an Acer Aspire Z3-711 AIO machine which I bought primarily because it can be used as an external display when the PC part is shut down (it has an HDMI in on the back).

It has an Intel Core i3-5005U CPU which has Intel HD 5500 GPU. I've read lots of different posts regarding how to try and get it to work but I've had no luck getting accelerated graphics from it as yet.
The most recent guide I've followed is the one in this very thread.
I've had a MacBook Pro for many years but have never really used it that much so my inner understandings of how it all works are a bit vague. I like to think of myself being quite techie but think there are just a few pieces of the puzzle which I'm missing to get accelerated graphics running on this machine.

Following the WEG guide I've tried ALL of the frame buffer values by specifying the igfxframe boot parameter, setting that to the respective frame buffer (each in turn).
I started off with the recommended one of 0x16220007 (setting it to 07002216 in Clover configurator).
I also set device-id to 0x16260000 (00002616 in Clover configurator) as the guide (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID) states that for my specific device (8086:1616 - i3-5005U), must spoof as 0x1626 to avoid hang at boot.
As stated above, I tried all frame buffer values but none made any difference.

The BIOS for this machine has no way to change the dedicated video memory allocated to it, but Windows states the following:
  • Total Available Graphics Memory: 2132MB
  • Dedicated Video Memory: 128MB
  • System Video Memory: 0MB
  • Shared System Memory: 2004MB
I believe that as this is > 32MB that it *should* be fine, but am I incorrect in thinking this?

I also tried adding the following Device Properties:
  • framebuffer-fbmem = 00009000 (DATA)
  • framebuffer-patch0-enabled = 1 (NUMBER)
  • framebuffer-stolenmem = 00003001 (DATA)
...but still no change.

Some guides say its necessary to change the SMBIOS to reflect the device id/platform you're using. As the recommended frame buffer for my system is 0x16220007 I tried changing the SMBIOS to iMac16,2 but that just caused the machine to continuously reboot. I set it back to the very basic details of just iMac14,2 and it boots again.

I've used the tool located here (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/) to generate all the files which might be required to assist me.

Interestingly, Hackintool generates a different 'device-id' when telling it to generate a patch with a spoofed device id of 0x1622. When looking at he DATA representation in Clover Configurator it shows value: 26160000. Booting with this device id causes OSX to hang at boot.
When entering the device id as 00002616 then the system boots - albeit without hardware acceleration!

Looking at the About This Mac details it shows the following:
About.png

Any help will be gratefully received!

Attachments

• debug_8535.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 59
What platform id settings should I use for i5 8400 intel graphics uhd 630 and asrock h310m-stx?

Hello everyone
I have a minipc, booted using opencore
CPU is i5 4258u
Motherboard four haswell-utl
Sound card ALC892
Two HDMI video output interfaces
I want to use WEG patching to drive the graphics card, but my method of using framebuffer is not successful.
Following is my test
0x0A260006
0x0A2E0008
0x0A16000C
0x0D260007 Can enter desktop 7M
0x0D260009
0x0D26000E
0x0D26000F
Only 0D260007 can enter the desktop (azul and 5000 is loaded, 7M), others can only be viewed through VNC.
I think it is the cause of the graphics card's output interface, but my pc only has an hdmi interface, so I tried to customize the patch using WEG, but it was not successful, and there was too little information in this regard.

Attachment I provided detailed content, please help to view.
Thank you so much for your help. Thank you.

Attachments

• minipc.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
Upon opening up hackintool I can see one interface is highlighted in red, that must be my HDMI because it's the only one I'm plugged into.

But when I plug in the display port or vga cable, nothing else lights up in hackintool, so I have no idea which one is which. I also don't know why there is an "lvds" listed in Hackintool.

Can anyone help me patch this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 7.20.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 7.20.03 AM.png
    103.7 KB · Views: 164
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 7.21.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 7.21.23 AM.png
    104.9 KB · Views: 156
I've attempted to patch my yoga 3 pro's framebuffer so it would fit in the dvmt 32MB prealloc.
I thought the patch didn't work but then I realised the system doesn't kp and it outputs properly to the HDMI port, but the laptop's internal display is not working :(
I'm using the recommended 0x16260006 ig-platform-id for the intel 5300 graphics in the laptop.
I'm currently on 10.15.3 Catalina, but the same issue also happened in 10.14.6.
Attaching my EFI folder below

Attachments

• EFI-t1c1d1s1.zip
    21.2 MB · Views: 60
Hi all, having a weird issue with my i5 6500/HD 530 on Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287)

I have two monitors attached to the two displayports (Index 1, 2) on my computer. The computer also has a VGA port (Index 3?) but I don't use that.

If only one of the monitors is plugged in, either port will work. If both are plugged in to both ports, only one will work.

The blue selection is where the other monitor reports to be when it is the only one plugged in.
Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 13.58.41.png

I'm sure i'm doing something simple wrong but I've been battling this for two days and think it's time I asked for help.

Attached my config.plist also.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• config.plist
    20.3 KB · Views: 93
Hi all,

I have a similar issue to one reported by @lukeylad118.

I have a UHD630 on an ASUS UX580GE that work as it should when I have only the internal screen connected. When I connect an external screen via USB3 DisplayPort the internal port get shutdown when framebuffer is initialized and if I close the lid, wait for a few seconds, till the password appears on external screen, and reopen it the image appears also on internal screen an it works as it should.

I've checked from remote if the systems sees the screens when the internal is off and external is on and they are there as they should be (see the attached screenshot).

I got the same behavior with Whatevergreen 1.3.7 and 1.3.8

For sure I miss some parameters that Whatevergreen needs but I fail to find them anywhere in documentation or in forum posts.

Any hints are welcome.

Thank you all for your support of this beautiful community.

Attachments

• config.plist
    13.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 8.58.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 8.58.39 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 65
One more thing that I just noticed.
With the latest Whatevergreen 1.3.8 the system stops in the middle of shutdown and after a while gives a KP.

Friends can't win intel gfx VDAdec_check, help
GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen95
An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.
VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473
I tried a lot of options, FCPX is launched, but VDADecoderChecker is haunts.
Снимок экрана 2020-04-11 в 15.50.54.png

Attachments

• configAsket.plist
    25.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
my system bootup with only intelgraphicsfixup.kext with 2048MB vram. If delete it and put only Whatevergreen system hangs on during bootup. What is problem exactly?

Back