Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

There's two data of framebuffer, so what's the different and which one should I select. I have a kabylake HD630 desktop with a HDMI and a DP connectors. Now I use the HDMI connector. When I use whatevergreen without any Arbitrary and select smbios 18.2/18.3, I get some skialith when minimizing a window. However, after I change smbios to 18.1, it was solved. The only different is that whatevergreen set 9MB framebuffer to 18.2/18.3 and 0 to 18.1. Confused.
Now I use smbios 18.1, but there are three DP connectors in Hackintool though I have a DP and a HDMI which is used. So should I ban two DP and change DP used to HDMI? Thank you!

Hello All,
i'm using a tiny lenovo m900 with an intel HD530 as graphic card with 3 DP connectors. I'm using an smbios imac 16.1 as 17.1 never worked with more than one screen. Since the upgrade to 10.4.5 i've got a weird issue.
Only 2 screens are working. The last one is visible on Hackintool (or using ioreg) but it doesn't appear on display prefpanes.
Here come a screenshot a an extract of the config.plist for display :
Any idea about this kind of behavior?
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>
AAASGQ==
</data>
<key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
<string>Internal</string>
<key>device-id</key>
<data>
EhkAAA==
</data>
<key>device_type</key>
<string>VGA compatible controller</string>
<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-pipecount</key>
<data>
BAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-portcount</key>
<data>
BAAAAA==
</data>
<key>model</key>
<string>HD Graphics 530</string>
</dict>

Attachments

• screcap.jpg
    screcap.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 124
Good day guys! Need your wise advise with connecting second monitor to my Hackintosh.

I used only one display before with HDMI connection without any problems. When I connect another one to DisplayPort the second screen just working until MacOS loading screen and then loosing signal. I tried to load only with one screen connected to DP and there is the same situation: it's turning off on loading step. Also tried hot plug in in different combinations with no luck.

I used WEG and this topic to patch config with spoof device id. May be I missed something?

Снимок экрана 2019-06-30 в 2.56.02.png

Current setup:
  • CPU Intel i7-6700K Skylake (iGPU HD530)
  • MoBo GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 (has HDMI and DisplayPort)
  • MacOS Mojave 10.14.5

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.9 KB · Views: 204
I used only one display before with HDMI connection without any problems. When I connect another one to DisplayPort the second screen just working until MacOS loading screen and then loosing signal. I tried to load only with one screen connected to DP and there is the same situation: it's turning off on loading step. Also tried hot plug in in different combinations with no luck.

I used WEG and this topic to patch config with spoof device id. May be I missed something?

@onx,

As the Lilu + Plugin's guide you used states :-

Lilu + Plug'in's Guide said:
For most users the Device Properties generated by Hackintool should be enough for WhatEverGreen to correctly configure your IGPU, however on some systems it may be necessary to further modify the framebuffer defaults in oder to get all of the IGPU ports/connectors working correctly. For example you may need change a IGPU port connector from DVI to Display Port or Display Port to HDMI, you can use Hackintool to modify these more advanced settings and then generate updated patch code to add as additional Device Properties to your config.plist.

I wont cover these more advanced settings in this guide as they are already covered in CaseySJ's excellent guide which covers the topic in more detail:-

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Good afternoon:

I am also having a build with HD530 (Skylake CPU, i6700K). With a successful installation of Mojave, I had not been able to use Hackintool to detect the GPU , although the GPU is shown as correct HD530 in Mac OS info, with 31Mb Vram. (I set correctly in BIOS to let HD530 GPU as first GPU device). The display is connected via DP.

The device ID has been set to 0x1234, (which is the clover setting 0x12345678 preset by the bootable USB) .
This device ID is certainly wrong; So I used the correct device id + platform id for HD530: 19128086 and 19120000.

Once i set the device id and reboot, I got blackscreen + restarts after apple logo. Seems the system only understands 0x1234 somehow.

What should I do to debug? Since I can't even get hackintool to work property to recognize my GPU (recognized as ???)

related info are attached. Help is appreciated!

Attachments

• config (2).plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-23 at 3.58.15 PM (1).png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-23 at 3.58.15 PM (1).png
    221.1 KB · Views: 218
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-23 at 3.58.26 PM (1).png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-23 at 3.58.26 PM (1).png
    232.4 KB · Views: 211
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-23 at 4.36.19 PM (1).png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-23 at 4.36.19 PM (1).png
    195.3 KB · Views: 225
Hi,

Have a nvidia based Evga 740 GT (kepler ddr3) video card with Mojave 14.5 installed on an Asus P8Z68 Deluxe and even with Whatevergreen + Lili (installed in kext other folder) I get a black screen with working mouse pointer. Confused about what smbios config will work and patches needed to fix this? Have tried a dozen smbios configurations without any luck. What do I need to do?

Thanks

Is there a specially crafted installation MacOS 10.13.6 (17G2112+) to make everything work well? Is it enough to update MacOS 10.13.6 (17G7074)
My config is i7 8700K Gigabyte Z370M D3H

@moheban79 - probably dont need whatever green - if the GT 740 is supported then it is supported natively in mojave. If it is not natively supported I dont think whatevergreen can help in Mojave. It will need setting up as a UEFI based card and your bios settings are the most likely thing that are preventing operation. Im guessing 14,2 for sysdefs but thats just because it works with more machines than most. What happens with screens during install from a unibeast usb?

Hi, I'm a little confused on how to format the config.plist.
Looking at info from the ru forum, I see that:

So after hex swapping and converting to base64, I get:

What other values should I add under PciRoot? I don't really understand the rest of the information from the russian forum.

I don't think I'm implementing WhateverGreen/Lilu right, because I only have 7mb of VRAM, so my graphics are super laggy.

Please make a video tutorial I don't understand...

Back