Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

Hi to all.
I have installed my new Asrock RX580 8G and I have no problems. I have not installed anything patch or kext.
The graphic card works fine and I have not any kind of KP or bugs. :)
I Attach a screen of details.

Thank you 4support.

Attachments

• Schermata 2019-04-23 alle 10.53.51.png
    Schermata 2019-04-23 alle 10.53.51.png
    279.2 KB · Views: 223
Thank you headkaze, it works perfectly for Dell Inspiron 7566 :)

Last edited:
Hey there ,

I tried the FB patching using hackintool and pasted it to config.plist, I did follow the prerequisites , But when rebooting ,after the verbos screen my display turns black (NO OUTPUT-HDMI) .

I have tried several methods and all end up in this black screen . Is there anything im doing worng , is it something to do with the connectors.

Hey there ,

I tried the FB patching using hackintool and pasted it to config.plist, I did follow the prerequisites , But when rebooting ,after the verbos screen my display turns black (NO OUTPUT-HDMI) .

I have tried several methods and all end up in this black screen . Is there anything im doing worng , is it something to do with the connectors.
what's the resolution you are trying to achieve? that can be the issue when trying to boot if not using correct boot flag, kext and or patches. I just went thru the same issue when trying to use 4k screen on my dell 7573. after some very sound advice from @jaymonkey, its working perfect. post PR files, I'm sure you'll find a resolution soon

Have you tried with just setting the correct ig-platform-id along WEG with no additional properties? In a lot of cases this is enough to get it working.

How do I set unifiedmem to 4096MB?

How do I set unifiedmem to 4096MB?

@whatnameisit,

You can't, the maximum IGPU VRAM MacOS will allow is 2048MB which you can do by adding the 2048MB VRAM patch :-

Code:
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
                <data>
                AAAAgA==
                </data>

Add the above code to the Devices -> Properties section of your config.plsit under the IGPU PCI Root path <key>, if you already have <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key> then there is no need to duplicate it and its <data> value.

Or use Hackintool to generate the code for you (its on the Patch -> Advanced Tab)

Cheers
Jay

@whatnameisit,

You can't, the maximum IGPU VRAM MacOS will allow is 2048MB which you can do by adding the 2048MB VRAM patch :-

Code:
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
                <data>
                AAAAgA==
                </data>

Add the above code to the Devices -> Properties section of your config.plsit under the IGPU PCI Root path <key>, if you already have <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key> then there is no need to duplicate it and its <data> value.

Or use Hackintool to generate the code for you (its on the Patch -> Advanced Tab)

Cheers
Jay
I was looking for a way to add that 1 MB to 4095 MB to make it 4096 MB. If this isn't actually 4095 MB, I'll revert back to 2048 MB.

@jaymonkey do you have any thoughts?
NVM...Bench scores are nearly the same across 2048 MB and 4095 MB. Changing back to 2048 MB.

Attachments

• 스크린샷 2019-05-20 오후 9.44.59.png
    스크린샷 2019-05-20 오후 9.44.59.png
    156 KB · Views: 200
  • 스크린샷 2019-05-20 오후 9.46.29.png
    스크린샷 2019-05-20 오후 9.46.29.png
    137.3 KB · Views: 197
  • 스크린샷 2019-05-21 오후 7.33.44.png
    스크린샷 2019-05-21 오후 7.33.44.png
    435.2 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
So, I've decided to turn my current rig into my media server for Plex. I'm planning on running it headless, but I've got it connected via HDMI right now. I've installed Mojave and got it running fairly well. Some things seem to be new with the Hackintosh scene since my last build, and I've got a new 4k display which from my searching and testing over the last couple of days, I've discovered might be an issue. Anyway...

I still get a garbled screen after a clean install and using multibeast. However, when remote connecting, it shows that the HD4000 is working fine, although only at 1080p. I figure the garbled screen is because of the HDMI connecting to a 4k display. I saw in the original post that there's some sort of fix, but I can't work out exactly how to put it into my config or the data value to use (regarding enable-hdmi20).

It also won't go to sleep. There seems to be a fix for that too in the original post. Again, I'm not sure how to best enter that into the config. Is there any chance somebody could please help, because after hours of trying and trying, I'm just not getting anywhere.

I know where to put the info in the config, I just can't figure out what will fix my issues.

Back