Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

Really? I thought that was ootb :(((

Its OOTB, but you still need whatevergreen for IGPU, and you need lilu to run whatevergreen.
which is the topic for this thread.

Still can't solve an issue with my UHD630 working with both DVI and HDMI outputs working simultaneously after boot. Only HDMI works after it. But when I turn sleep mode on and then wake it up, they're both working fine. What's the problem ?

Attachments

• debug_23820.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 146
Dual AMD R9 280x gpu's
Asus X99 Deluxe mobo
5930K (Haswell) CPU

Since I have no internal graphics. What platform-id should I be entering in the Clover Graphics screen?

thanks @headkaze for this great guide! I've successfully implemented everything on my HacBookPro4k.(dell 7573) I used @RehabMan config.plist for hd 620. now my question is what do I need to do to get 2048mb vram for uhd 620? I've tried unified method, all data method, and even tried Hackingtool v2.2.2. I've attached the debug zip file. any help please? thanks in advance

Attachments

• debug_19395.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 102
thanks @headkaze for this great guide! I've successfully implemented everything on my HacBookPro4k.(dell 7573) I used @RehabMan config.plist for hd 620. now my question is what do I need to do to get 2048mb vram for uhd 620? I've tried unified method, all data method, and even tried Hackingtool v2.2.2. I've attached the debug zip file. any help please? thanks in advance
You can set "VRAM 2048 MB" checkbox on in Hackintool advanced options and generate patch one more time

I'm having trouble with displayport connectivity. I'm running a Vega56 with a headless device ID. HDMI works fine. With DP, it boots fine and shows the bios on screen, but as soon as it tries to boot past Clover, I get a blank screen. I'm guessing this has to do with the framebuffer? However, the framebuffer patcher app only seems to work for identifying ports if you're using iGPU.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Try AGDP patch aka "Black Screen Patch" in Clover Configurator Kexts to Patch section.

Still can't solve an issue with my UHD630 working with both DVI and HDMI outputs working simultaneously after boot. Only HDMI works after it. But when I turn sleep mode on and then wake it up, they're both working fine. What's the problem ?

I believe I have the same issue as you with HD630 graphics on a i5-7500 with a Gigabyte motherboard that only has HDMI, DVI, and VGA connector options, so hopefully you can provide your experiences so that I know if I should continue. My HDMI and DVI work separately, but together, HDMI will turn on, and be stuck in a "gIOScreenLockState 3" loop, and so I can't login. In addition, my DVI does not receive a signal when I have both plugged-in at boot when I reach the login screen. I only tried changing the BUS id of my HDMI port following the Intel FB Black Screen guide. Did you try changing the BUS IDs and Types for both your HDMI port and DVI port? And if you did, did you try all the combinations? I want to try all the combinations, but if it didn't work for you, I doubt it would work for me, so I might as well not go through all the trouble.

Back