Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

Good Jobs!
If you still have problems in the future, boot with -V, and upload screen shot here.
so someone has more experience they can help you out.

Nothing. Now the freezes are less frequent and sometimes they last only a few seconds (after a few seconds of the cursor's colorful pinwheel) but they also occur permanently, obviously when it uses graphic processing (for example, movement of icons, enlargements of windows, animated passages, etc.).
I think I'll have to buy an external graphics card :(

how will I add support to display port mini ... to work in mojave.... I have no idea.. please help

I've been searching endlessly on the forums, and just haven't found an answer, so I apologize if this is answered somewhere. I currently use a dual monitor set-up with my 1050ti, but I want to be able to do Airplay, and to my understanding I need to run graphics through my iGPU for Airplay. So I wanted to run one of my monitors through my 1050ti and my other through my iGPU (HD 630 - Intel i5 7500) since dual screen on an iGPU is kinda finicky (based on what I've seen in forums). Would WEG help me run the iGPU and DGPU at the same time? I saw this guide, but it's deprecated and redirects to this guide; hence my post.

How do you convert DATA to the desired Megabyte numbers and vice versa? That is, How does 00003001 for Stolenmem equal 19 megabytes? Also why is 010000000 equated to Enable?

Good Jobs!
If you still have problems in the future, boot with -V, and upload screen shot here.
so someone has more experience they can help you out.

No progress. I tried also with a Radeon R7 260x but the patch does not seem to be compatible with Mojave. At this point I think I'll buy a new card.

Can you advise me which model to choose so that it cannot have installation problems? Are the RX 5** Radeon series detected without kext?

No progress. I tried also with a Radeon R7 260x but the patch does not seem to be compatible with Mojave. At this point I think I'll buy a new card.

Can you advise me which model to choose so that it cannot have installation problems? Are the RX 5** Radeon series detected without kext?
Sapphire rx 590 Nitro + works ootb

Sapphire rx 590 Nitro + works ootb

thank you. I think 590 is more expensive for me, I have ordered a(n ASrock) RX 580 8gb, I thing that it will be ok... about you, I need some drivers/kext?

I have RX580 Sapphire Pulse 8GB

thank you. I think 590 is more expensive for me, I have ordered a(n ASrock) RX 580 8gb, I thing that it will be ok... about you, I need some drivers/kext?

You need lilu and whatevergreen for RX580.

Back