Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

Hello
This is weird because hackintool now shows Lilu and Whatevergreen running (yes and yes like on your screenshot). I chose both « macOS 10.14 » and « apply current patch » in Hackintool menus.
But still no luke in getting video acceleration and increasing video memory (still 3 mo). Maybe I have video acceleration but still only 3mo vram. I am not able to read an gd video in VLC for example.
I have a recurring message during boot : weg device-Id 0x0A16 you should change it to 0x0412...
It is getting hopeless
Thanks for your valuable help
Tony
Try a simple alternative using Clover Configurator:
  • Devices —> Properties: remove all entries
  • Devices —> IntelGFX: 0x0 (which is same as blank)
  • Graphics —> Inject Intel: click on
  • Graphics —> ig-platform-id: clear this out (blank)
Save config.plist and try again.

I'll try that.
should I change and load some additionnal kext ?

Were you able to make it work? If you still need help, just post your config.plist (but remove your serial number from SMBIOS section).
Thanks for checking in, I always had it working, just wanted to ask if there is a benefit that I might be missing as framebuffer corruptions are not always readily apparent. I still don't know for sure if putting in device id does anything in cases where your hardware matches your smbios and thus automatically handled by whatevergreen.

hello,

Still not luck even by following your instructions:
  • Devices —> Properties: remove all entries
  • Devices —> IntelGFX: 0x0 (which is same as blank)
  • Graphics —> Inject Intel: click on
  • Graphics —> ig-platform-id: clear this out (blank)
What else can I try. My parameters seem to be ignored...

Last edited:
Maybe it is just an information display problem I can read HD video in Quicktime but not in VLC.when I also remove the macmini7,1 reference, AAPL injection and the rest can be seen in logs in Hackintool.
hackintosha2019 : how do you get this hardware info screen ?
Best

Hi!

Originally posted at the X240 guide, but looks like there is no interest anymore...

I am having issues with my X240 setup.
Basically I am using a mix of the original x240.aml file, but ignored some parts like USB.
I go with these hot patch files only:
#include "SSDT-XOSI.dsl"
#include "SSDT-BAT.dsl"
#include "SSDT-KBD.dsl"
#include "SSDT-ALS0.dsl"

Most of the stuff is proper working, but I want to use my Lenovo dock.
2 Problems:
  1. the Laptop display is NOT showing as internal
  2. The HDMI output is working, BUT I can't boot with HDMI connected. I must connect HDMI after the system booted.
USB isn't setup fully, will do this later with a separate SSDT.

How can I fix this please?

Thanks in advance

URBANsUNITED

Attachments

• URBANsUNITED_HDMI_connected.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 84
  • URBANsUNITED_no_HDMI_connected.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 82
What's the proper way to disable an unused port? I'm trying to disable Index 1 in Hackintool since it's an unused port (I only have HDMI/Index2 and DP/Index3 on my motherboard).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 10.21.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 10.21.56 AM.png
    170.7 KB · Views: 132
  • fb_patch.pdf
    21.9 KB · Views: 159
What's the proper way to disable an unused port? I'm trying to disable Index 1 in Hackintool since it's an unused port (I only have HDMI/Index2 and DP/Index3 on my motherboard).

@dracon,

To disable a unused port you can configure it as a dummy port :-
Index = -1, Bus-ID = 0x00, Pipe = 0, type = Dummy, Flags = 0x00000020

However if your disabling port Index 1 then you will have to re-index the used ports as Index 1 & Index 2

Or you could just leave it as is as it probably not causing any issues ?

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@dracon,

To disable a unused port configure it as a dummy port :-
Index = -1, Bus-ID = 0x00, Pipe = 0, type = Dummy, Flags = 0x00000020

You will probably have to re-index the used ports as Index 1 & Index 2

Cheers
Jay

Excellent, I assume I need to set framebuffer-pipecount to 2 and framebuffer-portcount to 2 as well since I'll only have the two active ports (although the HDMI and DP port have the same pipe number)?

I assume I need to set framebuffer-pipecount to 2 and framebuffer-portcount to 2 as well since I'll only have the two active ports.

Yes.

However you should be aware that sometimes making too many changes to a framebuffer can result in more problems than just leaving the unused ports defined in the FB, try it and see if it works.

Cheers
Jay

Back