Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

Yes without issues. Everything seems to be perfect now!
Glad to hear it, and thanks @Feartech for insisting on putting kexts into /L/E!

I would like to post your framebuffer settings to my framebuffer guide so others with the same motherboard can benefit. If you did not change any framebuffer settings from the EFI folder that I uploaded earlier today, then I'll post the settings from that file.

But if you are using a different configuration, please upload your config.plist (you may remove the entire <key>SMBIOS</key> section from the bottom of the file).

Glad to hear it, and thanks @Feartech for insisting on putting kexts into /L/E!

I would like to post your framebuffer settings to my framebuffer guide so others with the same motherboard can benefit. If you did not change any framebuffer settings from the EFI folder that I uploaded earlier today, then I'll post the settings from that file.

But if you are using a different configuration, please upload your config.plist (you may remove the entire <key>SMBIOS</key> section from the bottom of the file).

You can use the settings you've sent me without issues, they're working really well until now!

I wonder if your problem is due to the Nvidia GTX 950. Have you tried enabling "nv_disable" to bypass that card?
Yes I always use "nv_disable" flag.
Finally I could get it to work (!) by changing the SMBIOS to MacBookPro13,3! (as mentioned in Model Name(s) in the second post and also Model(s) in the hackintool for Skylake 0x191B0000)
So the framebuffer patch was OK, just didn't work on MacBookPro13,1 (My previous SMBIOS).

Now I just have a concern about this MacBookPro13,3 SMBIOS. I remember @RehabMan said that this is a poor choice... but I don't know the reason...
Is there any problem using MacBookPro13,3 as my SMBIOS?

Hi guys, I am running into a problem where spoofing to UHD 630 is the only way to get my display to be accelerated and lit up.

full story here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/black-screen-on-login.264213/page-3

TLDR, when booting with HD 620 device settings, internal screen doesn't light up, but external display works. But when spoofing UHD 630, internal and external displays work but brightness and sleep doesn't. PR files are in the link, post #23.

Thanks!

Gen 7: Kaby Lake (Intel HD Graphics 610-650)
- AAPL,ig-platform-id (desktop): 0x59160000 (default)
Why is a mobile framebuffer default desktop? (Post #1)
Post #2 suggests 0x59120000 is the default desktop framebufer

Last edited:
I'd like to test the HDMI port without patches for the internal LCD interfering with that work.

How would I completely disable the internal LCD connector, but keep the HDMI output enabled?

I've tried various connector settings by changing the index of conn. 0 to -1, the type to dummy, etc., but the internal display always lights up after boot. Any ideas?

Sorry I confused you with my 2 posts. I have 2 boards one I updated to the latest Bios which I have kept in windows the other I left in its OOB Bios which is what I decided to just use with an rx580.

I might try installing Mojave on the board with the updated Bios again but probably not til I find a cheap boot drive. I still don't think it had issues with USB since clover loads and I get to the loading screen albeit progressing unbelievably slow...

I have the same issue with the 'slow' thing , however I noticed the light on the flash drive will go out while booting as well as on the mouse and keyboard , I am assuming that the USB devices just disconnect for a second and this is bad for booting off the drive because the installer basically doesn't find your drive again ...

Think about it this way if you have a live linux bootable usb if you remove it for a second and plug it back in while booting , boot will fail, I believe this is exactly what is happening here , and since this is not a hackintosh issue this is most likely what is happening because of the BIOS update ... also every MSI board seems to have the "Improve USB KB functionality" in latest BIOS update so I think this breaks hackintosh booting via USB on most of them ... If you have two drives you could always mount the Hackintosh HDD in virtualbox and patch EFI to get it to boot if anything breaks, atleast in theory.

Hi all,

starting with Mojave 10.14.3 there are issues in iGPU hardware acceleration.
What was a perfectly working implementation in 10.14.2 now results in abismally slow render times.

In Device - Properties I have:
AAPL,ig-platform-id: 07009B3E
device-id: 9B3E0000

In 10.14.2 Final Cut Pro X render time of BruceX ONLY iGPU are 55sec
In 10.14.3 Final Cut Pro X render time of BruceX ONLY iGPU are 600sec

Also any other app using hardware acceleration has become very slow.
If I plug an external SSD with 10.14.2 using the exact same system and configuration files I get 55sec, 10.14.3 600sec.
I tested changing SMBIOS to Mac Mini as I have an i3-8100 + Z370 board, but things haven't changed.
This happenes in other systems like in a i7 9700K.

Do I need to use this method if I disabled the Intel onboard graphics? Do I still need to set ig-platform-id when using an natively supported AMD RX580? I still get some graphic glitches when watching video and am convinced it has something to do with this.

Back