Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

What values should I use for i9-9900k? I tried these from 8 gen, but I’m not sure if these are right. Also when I do this I get no signal from HDMI

Long story short:

After being helped a lot from a bunch of users here, I was able to have my HD 530 properly configured.
The challenge now is to get dual monitors. I came across a plist that puts me one step closer to it.
Using the mentioned plist, I was able to get 2 monitors on HD 530 on Mojave 10.14.1 with full acceleration.
Caveat: While on apple logo boot I can only see 1 monitor. After boot, 2nd monitor wakes to black/ white solid colours and I get arrangement on System Preferences. If I disconnect the monitors from the DP ports and reconnect, I get dual screen working 100%.

Can anyone try to understand what the plist does, fine tune it to make it permanent, without the monitors disconnect and reconnect and without the unnecessary garbage from the plist?

Debug files attached.

Attachments

• debug_31625.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot 2018-12-05 at 18.29.35.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-05 at 18.29.35.png
    76 KB · Views: 280
  • F45F4B2A-CA74-4209-B0B4-010C06B99F2E.jpeg
    F45F4B2A-CA74-4209-B0B4-010C06B99F2E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 241
Long story short:

After being helped a lot from a bunch of users here, I was able to have my HD 530 properly configured.
The challenge now is to get dual monitors. I came across a plist that puts me one step closer to it.
Using the mentioned plist, I was able to get 2 monitors on HD 530 on Mojave 10.14.1 with full acceleration.
Caveat: While on apple logo boot I can only see 1 monitor. After boot, 2nd monitor wakes to black/ white solid colours and I get arrangement on System Preferences. If I disconnect the monitors from the DP ports and reconnect, I get dual screen working 100%.

Can anyone try to understand what the plist does, fine tune it to make it permanent, without the monitors disconnect and reconnect and without the unnecessary garbage from the plist?

Debug files attached.
Quick question.
How did you get your monitors to sleep and wake up from sleep?
My hd530 never wakes up from screen.

Took config.plist/Devices/Properties from rehabman’s plist. Worked! Thanks.
Excuse me~can you share your config for me?I'm just facing the same problem like yours before and can't work it out...if you could help,thx~

Quick question.
How did you get your monitors to sleep and wake up from sleep?
My hd530 never wakes up from screen.

I didn't solve the sleep and wake issue yet. I am still trying to have stable dual monitor, that's proving to be challenging.
I'm one step closer, as I now can have dual monitor, but with the connect disconnect caveat. Still waiting for a Hackintosh guru to help. Good luck!

- Disabling connectors to enable sleep (framebuffer-pipecount / framebuffer-portcount / framebuffer-conX-type=-1)
Try to make DGPU (dual HMDI/DP displays) + IGPU 630 headless with Lilu and WEG FB patching under High Sierra 10.13.6
Got no more sleep (sleep was OK when IGPU disabled) - EDIT : my mistake, sleep is actually perfectly working with headless IGPU (was not taking enough time to test when initially posting).
Is setting a O connector ig-platform-id (0x59120003) enough or every connectors disabling needed ?

Attachments

• devices.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
So I understand Headkaze has found a new way to patch GPU's. My HD530 + AMD RX480 combo works fine in OSX.13.1 using traditional methods, but when I boot to Mojave with the exact same EFI HEVC hardware video decoding is choppy.

How should one implement a connectorless HD530 & AMD RX480 with 1 4K display attached properly with Headkaze method for use in MacOS10.14.2?
I know connectorless HD530 has ig-platform-id 0x19020001, but with the rapid pace of development and 56 pages of info, I've lost track of what I should do where.
Can someone enlighten me? Thanks!

Back