Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

Hey guys I'm having an issue with my setup and sleep with my displayport port being connected as a second monitor for my HD4600 graphics card. It just completely reboots when I put it to sleep. I have attached my ioreg file, config-Q87-HD4600-i54690s.plist, and the Lilu/Whatevergreen log text file. Not sure what to look for to see how to try and fix this. The example in the original post of deleting a port for sleep seems to work for headkaze but when trying to do that sleep still won't work and displayport won't come up on the 2nd framebuffer.

EDIT: That's weird I switched "Inject Kexts" from "=yes" to "=detect" and sleep along with hot-plugging the displayport port works fine now.

Attachments

• weglog.txt
    54.1 KB · Views: 111
  • Mac mini.ioreg
    5.7 MB · Views: 90
  • config-Q87-HD4600-i54690S.plist
    10.6 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
just curious if any of this necessary if you only need the IGPU in headless mode (for h264/h265 encoding/decoding) but have a discrete GPU (ala AMD) for display purposes?

leaving out ig-platform-id etc from the clover configuration, just letting mojave detect the IGPU seems to work just fine.

just curious if any of this necessary if you only need the IGPU in headless mode (for h264/h265 encoding/decoding) but have a discrete GPU (ala AMD) for display purposes?

leaving out ig-platform-id etc from the clover configuration, just letting mojave detect the IGPU seems to work just fine.

If you don't set it up properly you will not get acceleration.

If you don't set it up properly you will not get acceleration.

What do you mean by acceleration?

With only Lilu & Whatevergreen, no additional configuration in Clover config.plist it seems to be working well:

HEVC 4k playback:

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 1.39.26 PM.png

BruceX gives me 24 seconds, as before.

For those with intel hd530 graphics here is what I did to get my video card working. Its easy.
Workes for me on Mojave and High Siera.
1. I placed Lilu.kext and Watevergreen.kext into /Library/Extensions using kext wizard/kext beast.
2. I opened my SSD Efi config.plist and changed FakeID/IntelGFX to 0x0 And changed ig-platform-id to 0x193B0005.
It works perfectly now.

I have no word to thank you for this post, i was running many days, working on Video Station of a friend with an old mobo TH, with 4790K, HD4600 and RX580, and FCPX was hang under mojave, i follow your setup working with the new Whatevergreen, and now all is Working WELL, stable, and fast, get all acceleration from the Duet Hd4600 and RX580. Realy Thank you gars. !!!!!!!!! (i can say also that fcpx work realy well with Amd 580, it was before a setup with nvidia 980, it was slow and bugy, with the Saphire R580, 8go FCPX run fast and stable. good to know for people doing video editing)

Still having an issue with sleep for some reason now after I used the 'gen_debug' tool. It was working after I initially set 'Inject Kexts=detect' and I 'sudo kextcache -i /'. Attached is the debug.zip. Now not sure what to look for.

Attachments

• debug_9094.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 68
Still having an issue with sleep for some reason now after I used the 'gen_debug' tool. It was working after I initially set 'Inject Kexts=detect' and I 'sudo kextcache -i /'. Attached is the debug.zip. Now not sure what to look for.

Seems off-topic.
Why did you patch X86PlatformPlugin.kext?

Back