Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

Hi,

i9-9900K here, which is the proper method to get the right ig-platform-ID for this CPU? with debug versions of Lilu and WEG I cannot pass the boot...

EDIT: i was able to pass the boot with the iGPU only and the -igfxfbdump enabled and what I got is in the zip...

Attachments

• dump.zip
    290.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
That conversation was about a Asus Prime Z370-A.
I don't have a solution for the framebuffer issue on the Gigabyte B360N WiFi.
I suspect as of now it can be used properly only with discrete GPU. Acceleration works. it's the image that gets lost in Mojave and HS 17G3025
I wouldn't know how to fix it now.
I can't guarantee it will work for you but these patches match what you were using previously.

It WORKS perfectly. You are fantastic guys

Excuse me for asking a maybe silly question.

I am running a built with i7-2700K and RX570. I use Lilu/WhateverGreen/NoVPAJpeg kexts and iMac14,2 system definition.
If works pretty well, I have no issues that I would see. I sometimes use FCPX but haven't done so far. I use Mojave.

I read something about the necessity to use IGPU for FCPX for hardware rendering using the IGPU, so I read this threat. I
thought it would be necessary to let the IGPU run connectorless so I set it from auto to enable and did the change in the
config.plist with Xcode to set AAPL,snb-platform-id to 0x00030030.

When i do this, the machine will have dark display after wakeup from sleep. I was not able to see any debug information or
dump something although using the -igfxfbdump and -igfxdump options.

So before diging deeper into the topic to find out how to enabling properly the HD3000, my question is: is it really a benefit for me to set up Intel Framebuffer in addition to my discrete GFX? Could there be issues,
as normally Mojave is not expected to run on Sandy Bridge and I now have a mix of platform-id not fitting to iMac14,2? Shall
I simply be happy it is running well?

BR,
Karlson.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's what I figured... so the additions for WhateverGreen.kext you propose are not necessary.
Yes, you are quite right. :D

I'm having a hell of a time trying to get Quick sync and Final Cut to work together. After enabling Quick Sync I'm unable to open Final Cut Pro X. FCPX will say it quit unexpectedly when I try to open it. I've worked through the instructions in post #1 and hardware acceleration is enabled according to VideoProc, and I have an AirPlay icon in my menu bar.

I'm attempting to enable faster rendering/encoding for FCPX by using the CPU gpu in addition to the 1050 Ti. Before making any changes my Bruce 5k time is around 37 seconds.

I've attached my config and a screenshot of the kexts I'm using. Has anyone with a similar system to mine (6770k + 1050 ti + 10.13.6) had any luck enabling Quick Sync and using FCPX (10.4.4)?

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 171
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 2.49.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 2.49.38 PM.png
    107.6 KB · Views: 206
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 2.51.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 2.51.42 PM.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 191
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 2.56.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 2.56.03 PM.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 194
I have updated 10.14.1 and it seems that everything works except my HDMI 2.0 port but I am no expert and probably have not done everything properly to generate the patch. Would appreciate if someone looks at my debug file and advice.

Thanks

Attachments

• debug_9228.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 78
@headkaze @RehabMan

Please refer to the above post #524 in my ga-z370n WiFi board there are Dp,HDMI 1.4 and HDMI 2.0 ports, so HDMI 2.0 port is not working and after sleep instead of wake it reboots, have attached debug file in above post, for your info have used fab patcher to patch frambuffer and also limiting USB ports to 14.
Please help!

All good, followed the guide and got my HD 530 running with Whatevergreen!

Last edited:
Hello everyone! Great work you people do around here!
I successfully patched the audio, but I can't sort out my HD530. I cannot dump my Framebuffer (10.14.1)
If I use the 10.4 Framebuffer from FB-Patcher, I get the PlatformId 0x19120000 and put it on my config.plist.
I always get a KP. I can only boot if I put PlatformId 0x12345678. Any thoughts?
What am I doing wrong? What patches should I select on FB Patcher?
Thanks in advance

Screenshot 2018-11-29 at 20.31.45.png

Last edited:
Back