Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

Hello, I've been trying to fix the HDMI connection on my laptop, and its been frustrating because the connection type keeps resetting when connecting the HDMI, can anyone help me figure this out?
My laptop has 2 externals connections, HDMI and VGA, with the files I uploaded, VGA is working fine and internal display is working. in other hand when I connect the HDMI my internal display turns black and HDMI works. I don't know if brightness is related, but it's working and don't save across restarts.
Every help is appreciated, thank you.

You should post in the appropriate laptop forum.

Hi, I'm a little confused about what value I should set in config.plist Devices/Properties for APPL,ig-platform-id.

Currently running 10.14.1 with RX580 and iGPU - latest Lilu and WEG. If I start FBPatcher I see this:
upload_2018-11-18_14-39-54.png

Should I be taking the value circled and use 300019E3?

Should I be taking the value circled and use 300019E3?

Not necessarily. That is just what FB-Patcher detects as your current platform id. To change it you will need platform list data. The easiest way to do that is to use the Framebuffer->macOS 10.14 (18A391) menu option. After that select the appropriate PlatformId for your system and use the Patch tab to generate a patch. Use the File->Export->Clover config.plist to export the patch.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. That is just what FB-Patcher detects as your current platform id. To change it you will need platform list data. The easiest way to do that is to use the Framebuffer->macOS 10.14 (18A391) menu option. After that select the appropriate PlatformId for your system and use the Patch tab to generate a patch. Use the File->Export->Clover config.plist to export the patch.

After I generate config.plist on desktop, should I open it with text editor and copy the content and paste into the confit.plist in EFI?

Sorry, still learning~

After I generate config.plist on desktop, should I open it with text editor and copy the content and paste into the confit.plist in EFI?

Sorry, still learning~

You should export over your config.plist in your EFI if you want the data to be merged with your current config.plist. It will make a backup (config-backup.plist) before it does this.

You should export over your config.plist in your EFI if you want the data to be merged with your current config.plist. It will make a backup (config-backup.plist) before it does this.

Thank you!

I should have mentioned - I'm using RX580 as my GPU - wanting to config the UHD630 'headless' for QuickSync etc. Does that change things? Is there a specific id for that config - I see 10 listed in the PlatformID drop-down after following you're directions?

Thanks

I should have mentioned - I'm using RX580 as my GPU - wanting to config the UHD630 'headless' for QuickSync etc. Does that change things? Is there a specific id for that config - I see 10 listed in the PlatformID drop-down after following you're directions?

Thanks

It looks like you have the right one for 'headless' then.
RX580Headless.png

Back