Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

upload_2018-10-17_11-1-42.png

how to setting FBAlternatePWMIncrement1/2 bit?

I've never seen anyone try to do this, but I assume that ig-platform-id should be 19120000 in this case...
No Macs have a configuration like this that I'm aware of, so I don't know what you should expect. Why not connect both your monitors to your dGPU? Performance should be far superior too.

Thanks pastrychef,
I may be wrong, but I thought it was a good idea that the power of my GTX 970 is entirely dedicated to my main display only. And since my secondary display is only used for some Finder windows and Apps tool panels, the iGPU is sufficient...
Do you think this is a false good idea?

Thanks pastrychef,
I may be wrong, but I thought it was a good idea that the power of my GTX 970 is entirely dedicated to my main display only. And since my secondary display is only used for some Finder windows and Apps tool panels, the iGPU is sufficient...
Do you think this is a false good idea?

In my opinion, no. I always feel that it's best to try and keep things as close to the way Apple intended to be better. On real Macs with dGPU, IGPU are configured to be headless/connectorless and that's the way I prefer to go.

I don't think connecting a second display to your GTX 970 for just some Finder windows would cause much if any impact on performance of the GTX 970.

Can you explain this in more detail? Are there built in ig-platform-id's specifically for running in headless mode?

The ones with no connectors.
Used by Apple for Macs which use IGPU only for quicksync (all displays/ports attached to DGPU).

Please try this EFI. RehabMan and headkaze confirmed that WhateverGreen may not be doing the GFX0 to IGPU rename properly and I added it to this config.plist.

Thanks Pastrychef, but unfortunately this does not help either.

I am thinking of getting the MSI Gaming Radeon RX560 4GB GDDR5 video card to use with my hardware. Do you think I will have any problems with this video card? Also, can you advise me of any special settings in plist or kexts needed for this video card, or at least direct me to where I can find this info.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Pastrychef, but unfortunately this does not help either.

I am thinking of getting the MSI Gaming Radeon RX560 4GB GDDR5 video card to use with my hardware. Do you think I will have any problems with this video card? Also, can you advise me of any special settings in plist or kexts needed for this video card, or at least direct me to where I can find this info.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I really don't understand why IGPU is not working for you. HD 530 is supported in macOS...

I just plugged in my RX 560 in my Skylake system and it worked. I already had Lilu and WhateverGreen installed prior to getting the card.

Hi guys,
I appreciate your work @headkaze and this helped me a lot. I updated to Mojave few days ago so I decided to make this happen.

Unfortunately patching doesn't work on my machine from signature. I have done everything, even generated dump files in two ways. You can see screenshots of FBPatcher. It shows as iGPU 2 under IORegistry as seen on screenshot. Under system info, there is only RX580 graphic card showed(OOB). I have also problem with mouse cursor and keyboard, sometimes it freezes hard. That started after I have done this patching guide.
Sorry for sounding so noob.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-10-17 at 16.40.16.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-17 at 16.40.16.png
    115.2 KB · Views: 355
  • Screenshot 2018-10-17 at 16.40.00.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-17 at 16.40.00.png
    102.6 KB · Views: 258
  • Screenshot 2018-10-17 at 16.39.51.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-17 at 16.39.51.png
    126.6 KB · Views: 329
  • config.plist
    10.6 KB · Views: 147
  • Screenshot 2018-10-17 at 17.21.22.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-17 at 17.21.22.png
    271 KB · Views: 196
I really don't understand why IGPU is not working for you. HD 530 is supported in macOS...

I just plugged in my RX 560 in my Skylake system and it worked. I already had Lilu and WhateverGreen installed prior to getting the card.

Thanks Pastrychef. Maybe it is my specific motherboard model that needs special patches or additional adjustments in order for the HD 530 to work. I have not found anyone here with my specific motherboard that is using the HD 530 on-board graphics in Mojave. I found a thread started about 2 years ago on this topic of the HD 530, but it doesn't seem like anyone was successful with my motherboard. I guess I'll decide over the weekend if I will purchase the AMD video card. The thing is we don't know how long Nvidia will wait to release web drivers.

Hello everyone, I am not able to use the FBPatcher. Whenever I run the patcher, it shows me the intel gen i.e kaby lake but platform Id is blank. So all the tabs show nothing, no information. Do, I need to import something? Can anyone guide me how to use the patcher ? I have intel HD 630 GPU with Z270 HD3 motherboard. On high sierra everything was working fine but as soon as I updated to mojave, everything on the screen became pink tinted.

Thanks

Back