Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

Verify your SMBios settings. With an i5 7500 you should try iMac18,2 and check if this enables dual screen on your setup (I had to switch to iMac14,3 on a i7-4790K for dual screen to work with only a correct ig-platform-id)

Interesting. I'll give this a try. I did set SMBios to 18,2 when I first updated to Mojave, but it caused a lot of screen flickering issues which immediately went away whenI reverted to 18,1. However, that was prior to implementing this whatevergreen kext so maybe things have changed as a result of that?

In terms of sleep/wake, post #1 seems to suggest that by disabling unused connectors it may be possible to enable sleep/wake. I'm guessing you've tried that approach?

That's exactly what I wanted to try, but I couldn't figure out how to disable unused connectors.....

Hi All,

I am seeking help to make the Intel P530 graphic card on Dell Poweredge T30 server to work for High Serria

CPU/Graphic: Intel Xeon E3-1225 v5 3.3G / Intel P530 (192D)
Mac OS: High Serria 10.13.6 (17G65)
SMBIOS: iMac18.2

I have put the following kexts into /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
Lilu.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
AppleALC.kext

All kexts are the latest versions.

I follow this guide and add the followings in the config.plist > Devices > Properties:

AAPL,ig-platform-id: 00001219
framebuffer-patch-enable: 01000000
framebuffer-stolenmem: 00003001
framebuffer-fbmem: 00009000

However, when I boot the system, it still shows Intel HD Graphics P530 7 MB.

Can anyone give me a hint on what's wrong with my settings. I also attached my config.plist for details.

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.9 KB · Views: 167
Hi All,

I am seeking help to make the Intel P530 graphic card on Dell Poweredge T30 server to work for High Serria

CPU/Graphic: Intel Xeon E3-1225 v5 3.3G / Intel P530 (192D)
Mac OS: High Serria 10.13.6 (17G65)
SMBIOS: iMac18.2

I have put the following kexts into /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
Lilu.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
AppleALC.kext

All kexts are the latest versions.

I follow this guide and add the followings in the config.plist > Devices > Properties:

AAPL,ig-platform-id: 00001219
framebuffer-patch-enable: 01000000
framebuffer-stolenmem: 00003001
framebuffer-fbmem: 00009000

However, when I boot the system, it still shows Intel HD Graphics P530 7 MB.

Can anyone give me a hint on what's wrong with my settings. I also attached my config.plist for details.

Thank you very much!

P530 requires fake device-id inject.
Try injecting device-id=<12190000>

P530 requires fake device-id inject.
Try injecting device-id=<12190000>
First, Thank you so much RehabMan. After I add 'device-id: 12190000' to config.plist > Devices > Properties, the system now shows "Intel HD Graphics P530 1536 MB". However, the screen keeps flickering. I guess it is due to the frame buffer issue. Since I cannot change the DVMT preallocated size in BIOS, I already applied the "framebuffer-stolenmem" and "framebuffer-fbmem" as shown in my previous post. Can you give me hint on what I did wrong. I attached my updated config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7 KB · Views: 184
Sorry, I have some completely noob questions to ask, because I tried following the guide and found that I couldn't understand the better half of it. The hardware I'm using is an Intel Core i5-4210U with Intel HD Graphics 4400.

Compile Lilu + WhateverGreen: I pasted the .git URL into Xcode, but I don't know how to actually "compile" the project, nor what the end result of "compiling" is (an .kext? an .app?) But I could just download the pre-compiled binaries, so I guess this is not that big an issue.

Get the device path of your IGPU: So I downloaded gfxutil, went to Terminal and inputed "./gfxutil -f IGPU", and got an output of "DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)" exactly as in the guide. But then what? I understand that the device path is what comes after the equal sign, but what should I do with that?

ig-platgorm-id: I opened up Clover's config.plist in Xcode, but I can't find the line "DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)" (I assume this should be the output of gfxutil above?), so should I manually add this line? But I can't figure out where in the hierarchy to add this line.

Again, sorry if these seem like complete noob questions. Any guidance would be gratefully appreciated.

Sorry, I have some completely noob questions to ask, because I tried following the guide and found that I couldn't understand the better half of it. The hardware I'm using is an Intel Core i5-4210U with Intel HD Graphics 4400.

Compile Lilu + WhateverGreen: I pasted the .git URL into Xcode, but I don't know how to actually "compile" the project, nor what the end result of "compiling" is (an .kext? an .app?) But I could just download the pre-compiled binaries, so I guess this is not that big an issue.

Get the device path of your IGPU: So I downloaded gfxutil, went to Terminal and inputed "./gfxutil -f IGPU", and got an output of "DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)" exactly as in the guide. But then what? I understand that the device path is what comes after the equal sign, but what should I do with that?

ig-platgorm-id: I opened up Clover's config.plist in Xcode, but I can't find the line "DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)" (I assume this should be the output of gfxutil above?), so should I manually add this line? But I can't figure out where in the hierarchy to add this line.

Again, sorry if these seem like complete noob questions. Any guidance would be gratefully appreciated.

Hi vyiciu,

I am also new to Hackintosh and here is what I can help you:

(1) There is no need to compile Lilu/Whatevergreen kexts yourself. Just use the release version on Github and put it into your /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

(2) In Clover Configurator, after you load the config.plist, click "Devices" in "Sections", then click "Properties" in "Arbitrary/Properties" tabs group. Add "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)" in "Devices" table, then you can add all other parameters in "Properties" table.

Make sure you update to latest Clover Configurator.

Hi, I'm back here because I'm struggling to get my Gigabyte Z370N Wifi (and Intel i7-8700K) to work in Mojave with WhateverGreen. The system used to work fine with High Sierra (no WhateverGreen, just kext patches).

Now I managed to have the IGPU kext loaded and working on HDMI ports but I get no monitor lock on the Displayport that is the one I need to hook it with.

(FYI: I have also a Nvidia discrete card that I use in Windows, but I got rid of all the Nvidia stuff since High Sierra).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Back