Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

I'm not able to get the second monitor to work with HD530 Desktop on Mojave.
Graphics acceleration is fine. Tried all 3 patching methods.
HDMI output is working, but not the DVI one.

That's weird. My config.plist doesn't seem to have "Properties" under Devices. Just Audio, FakeID and USB sections along with UseIntelHDMI.

View attachment 356734

Should I add "Properties" and then a "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)" key with my "platform-id" under that? So it looks more like the screenshots shown here.

View attachment 356735

Thanks,

Steve

If you don't have it, you simply add it.

I am having problems getting my Intel HD530 on-board graphics to work in Mojave. I usually use my Nvidia graphics, but since there are no drivers yet, I decided to try with the Intel graphics. I tried to follow this guide from Headkaze, but am unable to get my computer to boot into the desktop. I can get there with the install USB but not without it. I'm sure I have something wrong in my plist. I have all the proper kext in library/extensions folder.

Headkaze, maybe if you have a moment, you can review my plist and tell me where I am going wrong.

Or anyone for that matter who has knowledge of the intel HD530 graphics.

Enclosed is my plist for your review. I got the Devices>Properties info from the FB-Patcher program by Headkaze. I selected my Platformid and generated patch.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.5 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Dumb Question: The beginning of this guide says that I need to use Lilu + Whatevergreen for Skylake and Above. I have an Ivy Bridge with a AMD R9 280X. System Info shows my card with the correct amount of RAM. I added the framebuffer Hamachi through clover in the past. It boots, and works (sleep never worked for me). I do notice some performance issues sometimes when playing multiple video files (which I don't remember happening before High Sierra). Would I need to add these kexts for better performance?

I am having problems getting my Intel HD530 on-board graphics to work in Mojave. I usually use my Nvidia graphics, but since there are no drivers yet, I decided to try with the Intel graphics. I tried to follow this guide from Headkaze, but am unable to get my computer to boot into the desktop. I can get there with the install USB but not without it. I'm sure I have something wrong in my plist. I have all the proper kext in library/extensions folder.

Headkaze, maybe if you have a moment, you can review my plist and tell me where I am going wrong.

Or anyone for that matter who has knowledge of the intel HD530 graphics.

Enclosed is my plist for your review. I got the Devices>Properties info from the FB-Patcher program by Headkaze. I selected my Platformid and generated patch.

try to remove GTX physically and try again.
For me helped...

I'm not able to get the second monitor to work with HD530 Desktop on Mojave.
Graphics acceleration is fine. Tried all 3 patching methods.
HDMI output is working, but not the DVI one.

I'm in the same boat. Haven't found a solution yet either. Dual displays was working with this method on High Sierra, but it stopped when I updated to Mojave.

I have an H310 Pro VH (VGA + HDMI) with an i3 8100 ... framebuffer patching gets me full acceleration and even sleep/wake ... How do I know? i left it at the login screen for few minutes and computer automatically went to sleep as it should with acceleration. But no display on HDMI. The board is basically a VDH (VGA DVI HDMI) and its DVI port is only having pins without a port. So the HDMI is basically the only usable port but I get a black screen. Is there any way to make the HDMI port work? I am on Mojave and I think it works great on Coffee Lake. Motherboard prices are 2x of their actual prices here. Z370M D3H Gigabyte is almost 200$ here.

Further to post #307 here (and thanks, @RehabMan) I've downloaded gfxutil to try and establish the PCIRoot information for my i6700 HD530 IGPU.

Running gfxutil gives me this:

./gfxutil -f IGPU
DevicePath not found!

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

Further to post #307 here (and thanks, @RehabMan) I've downloaded gfxutil to try and establish the PCIRoot information for my i6700 HD530 IGPU.

Running gfxutil gives me this:

./gfxutil -f IGPU
DevicePath not found!

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

No need.
IGPU is always at PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)

Back